1 (edited by nate 2012-12-19 19:36:26)

Topic: wolfX >> rtcw MP enhancement

Fretn was kind enough to allow me to post here about my pet project so cheers for that!
--------------------------------------------------------------

About
WolfX is basically an enhancement of rtcw MP. It's a side project I'm wasting time at and meant as upgrading rtcw multiplayer to more up to date standards and slowly move to standalone so it could be freely distributed. At the moment it falls under same rules as COOP. Project uses some of property licensed assets so you need to have original game (how, where..well up to you..).

Release
Project came quite same way but has a long way ahead. Today I decided to finally after some internal tests decided to release it to public in alpha stage as I simple can't test it more alone.

Brief summary
Following stuff has been added on top of main game:

- Bloom effect
- HTTP downloads
- SQL support
- IPv6 support
- Bug fixes (DrDos, timescale and other exploits are fixed).
- Authorization process for MBL (master banning list) that will/can be extended to XP tracking system etc..
- Admins with admin levels and commands assignment
- A lot of settings so game can be configured as main (default rtcw) or more like shrub (poison, dropping knives..)
- New gametypes like deathmatch, sniper mode, gold rush (sniper mode and gold rush are in dev process atm)
- Complete UI redesign (currently only in color design)
- HD textures pack (currently optionally later on as core pack)
- Plenty more..

More info
I'm poor at writing documentation without creating a mess or writing a novel but still, you can check release file and follow links there etc..

Forum: http://rtcwx.com
Release file: http://repository.rtcwx.com/wolfX/release.txt

Release file contains links for source code and game download as well as all extra info.
I also put 2 servers up so users can instantly test it. One is DM (deathmatch) with typical rtcw 1.0 settings and one is OBJ that's configured to be somewhere in between main and shrub/1.0/s4ndmod alike settings with poison, smoke and few other stuff enabled.

Please note that I generally wont be using this forum for wolfX project and any questions can be addressed to that forum, I'm just announcing it here since it's generally the same crowd due being an rtcw franchise.
But at the end of the day, this is COOP forum so let's stick to it. smile

Cheers,
Nate

Re: wolfX >> rtcw MP enhancement

I took a look at your screenshots there, pretty impressive, Nate cool . I registered at your website, any questions that I have about WolfX I'll ask over there.

Sure, feel free smile

As a side note, we may give it a test drive tonight at 19h/cet if people will manage to find the time so feel free to come around if we're there. smile

Spammed again, Fretn, delete the posts tome big_smile .

5 (edited by Masud66995 2013-03-28 15:45:29)

Wolf X is basically an enhancement of rt-cw MP.

quality management system

Cool stuff, bro (nate)!

I'm following your project from months and I can say that you are doing a very good job with it!

Best regards,
Von Bootz