Re: Server Administration

something has to run (for example coop server) on that port before port checkers can see it

WARNING: NET_IPSocket: bind: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL
WARNING: Couldn't bind to a v4 ip address

(What does it mean?)

78 (edited by nate 2013-02-16 18:36:30)

We'll be a little long but we have to address this eventually.

WAN is your external IP. One used for broadcasting, unicasting etc... over the net. Lan is your internal (192.168, 172.16/31...) IP.

You forward a port on your router by opening a port (UDP) 27960 and assign it to your LAN ip so once someone connects to your WAN ip, router routes that specific port thru LAN ip and makes it available so it's visible on the net. That's the easiest way I could explain.

As for game it self. If you're running a local server and you wish to be visible on the internet, you don't need to bother with net_ip and net_port as that's for boxes with multiples IP's and multiple instances of game running. As while when you run a game it automatically finds a free port and binds it self to it, it can cause undesirable behaviour as some clients (customers usually) may query that IP and Port thru various web scripts and you don't want them to change port in their script each time server is restarted, that's why you 'hard set' ip and port of each game server so it's always on same address.

So why I'm telling you all this? Because if you run a server and a game on same computer it will mean that an instance you'll run first, will bind it self to 27960 port (be it server or game), so next instance of the game running will automatically bind it self to next new address, which would be in this case 27961 and so on... so if you just open a static port (not a range) on your router you may encounter problems in scenarios where you first run a game and then a server as router will do what you set it to do and that's enable incoming and outgoing connections on port 27960 which would be your game...so server would not be visible and blocked by router.

So to sum it up, you don't need net_ip or net_port cause if you're playing on it as well, you'll create problems. Your error suggests that you either misconfigured port or ip / are in a multiple NIC environment and game is binding it self on a wrong NIC / don't have IPv4 installed at all (hardly possible). My money is you misconfiguring your game by adding stuff that's useless. To see if it works, run a dedicate server only using batch .. all you need to add in is:
rtcwcoop_ded.exe +set dedicated 2 +coopmap escape1 +sv_hostname CrashCourse

Generally you would remove coopmap and hostname and simply execute config where that would be set, but to troubleshoot the issue, try this and see if it works. After you run the batch and if all works give it a check, so run your game and see if you see it on master (be sure it's internet not lan) list.

GL!

Thank you for your great information
I have been trying to run a online (internet) server since 2007 but I couldn't (RtCW and ET)
I tried it but I couldn't see the server at: http://master.rtcwcoop.com/

So never mind, thank you all

If you wish, I can give it a try over team viewer.

yeah guys and me with teamviewr pls

Now I'm in another city for 4 months. I'll come back in June. Then I'll do that with your assistance over team viewer. Thank you

have fun smile

forevas wrote:

yeah guys and me with teamviewr pls

If you can set teamviewer without me writing a novel about it, I'll have time later tonight to take a look. ;>

Hi guys, new here!

Got a couple of questions. I don't mind reading and figuring things out but I am looking for a cheat sheet or quick reference to a couple things.

1. Set server password to join
2. Change max lives
3. Set difficulty

are all of the answers within here?

http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki/Administration
http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki/HowTo

I'm happy to come aboard. Seems like a fun a community!

RTCW
will
NEVER
die!

Heya Welcome wink

1) A little complicated but quite straight forward;
g_usePassword 1
g_password "password1 password2 ..." // Multiple passwords should be separated by a space
g_needpass "1"

2 & 3 Are in second link. smile

nate wrote:

Heya Welcome wink

1) A little complicated but quite straight forward;
g_usePassword 1
g_password "password1 password2 ..." // Multiple passwords should be separated by a space
g_needpass "1"

2 & 3 Are in second link. smile

Awesome! I'll start there with my little wolf brain and then I'll be ready to digest more.

Thanks nate!

RTCW
will
NEVER
die!

Does the master server works as of july 2014? I can't see any dedicated servers.

it looks like there are no servers.

But I've started my (slow) server again, so there is at least one

91 (edited by RedSnake 2014-07-28 16:02:57)

Could u give the ip please? I can't see it on the list either. Also how Can i make my server visible on that list? I've opened the port 2960 on both firewall and router.

rtcwcoop.com is the address

Start your server and let me know the ip so i can check if the master sees it or not

93 (edited by RedSnake 2014-08-29 14:50:29)

Sadly I don't hava a static ip to host. Anyway I haven't played a coop ONCE since i downloaded this mod a couple of weaks ago because my ping is "too high" to join this one dedicated server from the master list. Jesus my download speed is 60 Mb/s. What the hell, where in the world are u running this?!

my server is located in germany. Download speed has nothing todo with ping.

too bad there are not many servers, last year there where at least 5 of them

So i thought you are hosting in Northern Korea or Sealand or whatever. Why can't I connect from Poland for gods sake?

I'm trying to set up a separate coop server on a separate computer here at home.  I got COOP to work just fine with my regular RTCW PC running Vista but for some reason the coop exe file won't launch on my other PC which has XP on it.  Is there a trick to getting it to work on XP?

On Vista I ran the regular coop, created a server, friends joined and we had a good time.  Then it started crashing between levels.  So I figured me playing on the server while hosting it was causing some issues.  Regular coop will not launch for me on XP so I wrote a bat file and a short server.cfg file.  Launching the dedicated coop app then results in a message saying it couldn't exec the server.cfg file.  Tomorrow I'll try copying more of the server config lines posted in this thread.  I think though the issue may be XP.

After reading everything in these forums I have a few questions. 

1.  Should COOP work on XP?

2.  The install instructions say:    "Unzip the downloaded file into your rtcw installation. Make sure that the ‘coop main’ folder from the zip file is at the same level as the ‘main’ folder from your rtcw installation."   In that unzipped file are two main folders.  One is called Main which has a spak4.pk3 file in it and the other is called Coop Main with different files in it.  Obviously I'm not going to copy over my existing RTCW Main folder, so just what is the "Main" folder in the unzipped file for?

3.  Once installed, should the Coop exe and the ded_coop exe files be inside of the RTCW folder along with WolfMP.exe and WolfSP.exe?

4.  Is there specific version of RTCW SP I should be using?

5.  The links to sample server configs and bat files are broken.  The links for google work but what I found there looked like something more for coders.

frootloop wrote:

1.  Should COOP work on XP?

2.  The install instructions say:    "Unzip the downloaded file into your rtcw installation. Make sure that the ‘coop main’ folder from the zip file is at the same level as the ‘main’ folder from your rtcw installation."   In that unzipped file are two main folders.  One is called Main which has a spak4.pk3 file in it and the other is called Coop Main with different files in it.  Obviously I'm not going to copy over my existing RTCW Main folder, so just what is the "Main" folder in the unzipped file for?

3.  Once installed, should the Coop exe and the ded_coop exe files be inside of the RTCW folder along with WolfMP.exe and WolfSP.exe?

4.  Is there specific version of RTCW SP I should be using?

5.  The links to sample server configs and bat files are broken.  The links for google work but what I found there looked like something more for coders.

1. Should.

2. The info seems to be for combining RTCW and RTCW COOP into same installation. I think you could try separating them. Follow these steps.

Create a new folder in good location .../your-coop/
Then Unzip rtcwcoop-1.0.1 ZIP into it.
There you have automatically folders "/your-coop/main" and "/your-coop/coopmain"
"main" is for RTCW files and "coopmain" is for COOP files.
Go to your original RTCW game "main" folder. Copy these files and paste these files to your COOP "main" folder

mp_pak0.pk3
mp_pak1.pk3
mp_pak2.pk3
mp_pak3.pk3
mp_pak4.pk3
mp_pak5.pk3
mp_pakmaps0.pk3
mp_pakmaps1.pk3
mp_pakmaps2.pk3
mp_pakmaps3.pk3
mp_pakmaps4.pk3
mp_pakmaps5.pk3
mp_pakmaps6.pk3
pak0.pk3
sp_pak1.pk3
sp_pak2.pk3
sp_pak3.pk3

Done. Your config is best read from C://Documents and settings/User/documents/RtcwCOOP/coopmain/ . With XP it is probably different path, but go to your personal files folder. This is the folder that game uses to store your configs and stuff.

3. It can be played from RTCW game folder. Then these files are in same folder. However I feel it being more simple to keep COOP separate standalone and following steps on 2nd. So both ways should work.

4. Newest. Was it 1.41.

5. Which links you mean?

Btw here is a new link to the server tutorial. Our wiki has recently been moved so it is still a bit mess.

https://github.com/fretn/rtcwcoop/wiki/ … p-0.9.9%29

and

https://github.com/fretn/rtcwcoop/wiki/Administration

PS. If you are trying it with 64 bit windows version, try changing it to 32 bit. Once I had to change to 32 bit even thought my system was 64 bit for the game to work.

98 (edited by frootloop 2015-04-06 18:07:22)

Thanks for that link.  Very simple to understand.  Hopefully I can get it to work.  The broken links I referred to are in this thread.  One is a sample of a bat file and the other is a sample server.cfg file.  Those links go to a page that says it has moved to github but when I got there I couldn't find anything that had a sample bat file or server.cfg file.

99 (edited by frootloop 2015-04-06 19:42:30)

It looks like the server launched however…

Here's what the dos window says:
(shows map pak list)
8661 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg
couldn't exec mod.cfg
couldn't exec auto exec.coop.cfg
hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Bypassing DC checks
Logfile opened on Mon Apr 06 10:11:08 2015
Found high quality video and CPU
-----Common Initilization Complete  -----
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: (computer name)
IP: 192.168.1.46
Ipening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960
execing highVidhighCpu.cfg

The lines, "couldn't exec mod.cfg" and "couldn't exec auto exec.coop.cfg" are probably a problem but I have no idea how to fix it. 

In the dos window I entered exec wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg   
(the next line shows)
execing wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg

I opened my regular PC and launched Coop.  It shows one server running but it's not mine.  I tried using the /connect command with the wan IP and tried using the LAN ip, neither one worked.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Here is the wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg file contents

This should be the most up to date config.
It's attached but for just in case, here's also a dump if file for any reason expires at any given time..
SERVER.cfg
==========================
// Basic coop server settings.. //
// L0 : 09.Dec/12             
// General
seta sv_hostname "rtcw COOP" 
seta sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"
seta sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
seta sv_master5 ""
seta sv_maxrate "25000"
seta sv_maxPing "350"      // Anything above 350 is shoting ghosts anyway
seta sv_minPing "0"
seta sv_floodProtect "1"   // Will be controlled by mod as well
seta dmflags "0"           // 8 (no falling damage) 16 (fixed FOV) 32 (no footsteps)
seta sv_zombietime "2"
seta sv_allowDownload "0"       
seta sv_fps "20"            // leave at 20! 40 will break the flamer ...
seta sv_reconnectlimit "15"
seta sv_timeout "240"     
seta sv_maxcoopclients "8"
// Rcon
seta rconpassword ""
// Private / Pub
seta g_needpass ""
seta g_password ""
// Voting
seta g_allowVote "1"
seta g_votesPerUser "2"   // 2 votes for user per round are more then enough.     
seta g_complaintlimit "3"
// Game stuff that's rearly touched..
seta g_voicechatsallowed "3" 
seta g_gametype "1"
seta g_inactivity "120"   
seta g_knockback "0"       // Never liked it...(FYI - default = 1000)   
seta g_doWarmup "1" 
seta g_warmup "20"
seta g_antilag "1"
// Log
seta g_log "games.log"
seta g_logsync "2"   // Buffered..
// Pass this by params in startup if you want to control resources..
//seta com_hunkMegs   "128"
//seta com_zoneMegs   "64"
//seta com_soundMegs  "32"   
// Public info
sets "Hosted by" "^3http://rtcwx.com"
sets "Forum" "^3rtcwx.com"
sets "Mod" "^3Main"
seta "Admin" "^3Nate|Reflex"
// Mod (game settings)
exec mod.cfg
// Kick start it
coopmap escape1

100 (edited by frootloop 2015-04-06 23:43:16)

I've made some progress with the XP computer.  I finally fiddled with it enough to get a "dedicated internet server" to launch from within the regular coop application.  My other PC though doesn't see the server on the internet though.  It does see it on my LAN. 

When I launch it through the Coop DED application, the command line shows that my wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg loads (well it doesn't say it couldn't), and then says on the next line "couldn't exec auto exec.coop.cfg".  I don't have a file called that.  I have a bat file I made named that and placed it in the same folder as the application.  The bat file has this in it.

rtcwcoop_ded.exe +set dedicated2 +map swf +net_ip 75.140.2.101 +net_port 27960 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_uigame 0 +set vm_game 0

The server I launched with the DED application doesn't show on the internet or the LAN.  In the server log it shows the name of the computer as host name and shows the LAN IP and says opening socket: 0.0.0.0:27960

Do I maybe have the bat file in the wrong place or maybe the wrong syntax in the file????