Topic: Converting Time Gate campaign to COOP

A while ago I set myself a task to convert the Time Gate campaign to work with COOP. I managed to complete up to map 6 (I think I managed to finish map 6 but it will have to be checked just in case) - that is "tomb1", "tomb2", "tomb3", "tomb4", "vil02" and "berg". The reason "vil01" is missing is because it is purely a map for a cutscene and "tomb4" now goes directly to "vil02".

The map "ber" still needs to be checked for any bugs and from map 7 ("bergwerk") onwards needs to be completed which includes "ber" (map 8), "labor1a" (map 9 - I think is map is a cutscene actually), "labor1" (10), "labor2" (11) and "labor3" (12). There is actually one more map called "fin" at the end of the campaign but that again is just a cutscene map so I made it so "labor3" loops back to "tomb1" at the start of the campaign.

Now, I don't have enough time to finish this so i'm going to leave it here in the hope that someone will pick up where I left off. To whoever continues work on this I say goodluck! smile

https://mega.co.nz/#!fAFRWZ6Q!aCwlPSIm8 … a544PzorAE

Re: Converting Time Gate campaign to COOP

Such a shame that you don't have time to finish your great work. sad

I wish someone will find the time to give life to this nice conversion. I myself am very busy atm.

Ps. Is there any particular reason for stopping, other than the time itself? Any bugs/problems slowing you down?

No problems, I was actually making good progress until other things in my life took over tongue

We played your converted maps last night on our server, TitaN. Most of the maps will run, but they need a lot of work to make them playable.

There are no flag spawns in any map, this severely hinders progress in some maps, making them unplayable to a finish. Here's an example in one of the "Tomb" maps:

http://i.imgur.com/BxtV4YX.jpg

When Dog and me both died we respawned at the beginning of that map and obviously couldn't proceed forward again.

There's also the problem with the old respawn tk bug. Testing the maps on your own means you wouldn't have been aware of this problem.

Despite the problems we enjoyed playing your conversion, especially the Vil02 map. If I can find some time I will fix these problems to make all the maps playable.

I was asking for time gate since last years

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

There's also the problem with the old respawn tk bug. Testing the maps on your own means you wouldn't have been aware of this problem.

This was earlier caused because of a wrong spawnflag on coop_spawnpoint in .ents file. This is the right spawnflag for an active spawnpoint:

"spawnflags" "3"

Obviously if any Coop spawnpoints have not been added, then it will use the one from RTCW SP, and it will make players spawn inside each other.

Edit. Documented this in Wiki tutorial, incase someone will need it.

Just to let you know, TITAN/Assassin, this is still on our "to do" list, it hasn't been forgotten smile .

Hi again,
So i was "redirected" to this topic with my question about time gate. smile Will you make it playable?

Eventually, Smithy, but it's a large collection of maps, not just one map mission, so it will take time to complete. There are also other RtCW SP maps that we're working on already, so they will have to be finished first of all smile .

Yaaay !
I have completed whole Time Gate campaing and I'am already waiting for COOP big_smile

I have completed it 3 times and I would like to play it together with my friends, too. smile