Re: 0.9.3 is released

it does not work , I updated your sp_coop_pak1 (with my sounds and skins) and now it is working

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

HEY HEY HEY !!!!!!!!

I have just understood how does it work

I renamed :

zzz_snds.pk3 >>> sp_pak_coop2.pk3

zzz_txtrs.pk3 >>> sp_pak_coop3.pk3

And now game sees these files and allows to work with it.

very cool decision , I made !!!! =]]]]]

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

28 (edited by nate 2012-12-03 22:22:56)

Custom pk3's are supported by default. It just depends if server has it on since that's handled by pure. And no, you can't just let everyone use their own skin packs...what's stopping one to remove textures from walls then as well as completely renders out pure handling...instead it's depended if server is either set as unpure then any pack can be loaded by client or if it's set as pure but in that case, server has to have that pack on it as well.

you only require sp_ prefix tho in general, it should load stuff anyway, strange zzz didn't work.

29 (edited by Excelsior 2012-12-04 00:07:59)

profitgamers wrote:

HEY HEY HEY !!!!!!!!

I have just understood how does it work

I renamed :

zzz_snds.pk3 >>> sp_pak_coop2.pk3

zzz_txtrs.pk3 >>> sp_pak_coop3.pk3

And now game sees these files and allows to work with it.

very cool decision , I made !!!! =]]]]]

Good work slaughter. Can you send some screenshots of your custom textures in-game to me via Private Message or E-mail? I'm very interested to see them.

Or this variant

zzz_snds.pk3 >>> sp_zzz_snds.pk3

zzz_textures.pk3 >>> sp_zzz_textures.pk3

Works Perfectlty too !!!!!!!

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

On Windows 7 64Bit the sound is screwed somehow.
Many scripts does not work, escape2 last door for example.
On the final map, i got a strange behaviour too. There stand three supersoldiers, not attacking, After shooting them "down" they just reappear, and Heinrich standing in a corner, just as cannon fodder. However, it was possible to kill him, and the script ended correctly.

cybdmn wrote:

On Windows 7 64Bit the sound is screwed somehow.
Many scripts does not work, escape2 last door for example.
On the final map, i got a strange behaviour too. There stand three supersoldiers, not attacking, After shooting them "down" they just reappear, and Heinrich standing in a corner, just as cannon fodder. However, it was possible to kill him, and the script ended correctly.

yes other people also talk about broken sound, I might reverse these changes

scripts still need a lot of work, but its hard , very hard, every change results in other broken things sad

fretn wrote:

scripts still need a lot of work, but its hard , very hard, every change results in other broken things sad

All your hard work is very much appreciated, Fretn. How you guys work our what code has to be deleted, fixed, replaced or repaired is simply amazing, as far as I'm concerned. The game still has some bugs, but the fact that you've got the gameplay to the excellent standard that you have already clearly shows that you guys are on the right track. Everyone who plays COOP loves it and it's only going to get better as the weeks and months pass cool .

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
fretn wrote:

All your hard work is very much appreciated, Fretn. How you guys work our what code has to be deleted, fixed, replaced or repaired is simply amazing, as far as I'm concerned. The game still has some bugs, but the fact that you've got the gameplay to the excellent standard that you have already clearly shows that you guys are on the right track. Everyone who plays COOP loves it and it's only going to get better as the weeks and months pass cool .

thank you smile

but its sometimes very demotivating to hear that some fixes just break 1000 other things smile

cybdmn wrote:

escape2 last door for example.

What difficulty level are you using and how many players are in game? I've tested this thoroughly and  the door always opens as long as all of the zombies (and the boss) in the map are killed.

fretn wrote:

but its sometimes very demotivating to hear that some fixes just break 1000 other things smile

I can understand that, Fretn, albeit on a smaller scale. We run our own Wolfenstein Enemy Territory server, DOG$ter spent hours making a new custom soundpack, he installs it on the server and nothing works. The reason? He'd missed out a single ";" in the line of code. We have six 10-map campaigns and 3 of them simply disappeared one day, not even Splatterladder scans could detect 30 of the maps. The reason? There was a "5" in the fifth line of code instead of a "6". I then reset the server XP, a simple operation of editing the etpub xpsave config file, I do that, stop and restart the server, now the bots decide to stop talking, all the killing spree announcements totally disappear and I still don't know why the hell that happened mad .

The positive side to all of this is that we learn as we go and before too long our skills start to improve. It's obvious to us that you guys here at RTCW COOP are simply getting better all the time, so please don't let the negativity from some folk get you down, we're all in the "COOP Fanclub" here cool .

crapshoot wrote:

What difficulty level are you using and how many players are in game? I've tested this thoroughly and  the door always opens as long as all of the zombies (and the boss) in the map are killed.

On easy.

fretn wrote:

I hope you are not too demotivated. Even with some bugs i have many fun, playing this with others in coop. This is one of my all time favourite games, and i own approximately 20 different versions of it. :-D

@Talk about custom pk3s

I was hoping not to see this subject arising for a long time. I played ET since start and still do some times. I spent way way too many hours on it every single day for many years. During those years the servers had easy access. Not too much custom pk3s being the major thing. Many servers had custom maps (great) but not that many had skins/sounds. At some point I found it too hard to join servers, because every single server had tens of megabytes of stupid skin/sound packs. At that point, I pretty much slowly quit playing ET. Sometimes it did take long time to join any *** server and sometimes I even failed to find one. I pretty much felt the game being raped.

Imho make maps, not skins/sounds.

{SSF}Sage wrote:

@Talk about custom pk3s

I was hoping not to see this subject arising for a long time. I played ET since start and still do some times. I spent way way too many hours on it every single day for many years. During those years the servers had easy access. Not too much custom pk3s being the major thing. Many servers had custom maps (great) but not that many had skins/sounds. At some point I found it too hard to join servers, because every single server had tens of megabytes of stupid skin/sound packs. At that point, I pretty much slowly quit playing ET. Sometimes it did take long time to join any *** server and sometimes I even failed to find one. I pretty much felt the game being raped.

Imho make maps, not skins/sounds.

I agree with that, i'm always annoyed when I have to download when I want to play

I agree to this too. I must admit, that i never was really happy with ET, buta year or so ago, i started to play every now and then. It is frustrating, if you want to join a server for a nice little game, and can brew a coffe while waiting for minutes of downloading custom stuff. Sometimes, it needed so much time, that the map on the server changed while i was download the custom stuff, and the download crazieness started again.

And, much of this stuff often is simply shit.

Hi guys. Can you tell me please which wolfenstein version is suitable with Rtcw coop 0.9.3? I am playing rtcw coop with 1.0 version of Rtcw. But at the beginning of installation, the setup cant find some pk3 files but i ignored. Can you advice?

you need the pk3's from the latest version, see readme

mp_pak0.pk3
mp_pak1.pk3
mp_pak2.pk3
mp_pak3.pk3
mp_pak4.pk3
mp_pakmaps0.pk3
mp_pakmaps1.pk3
mp_pakmaps2.pk3
mp_pakmaps3.pk3
mp_pakmaps4.pk3
mp_pakmaps5.pk3
mp_pakmaps6.pk3
pak0.pk3
sp_pak1.pk3
sp_pak2.pk3
sp_pak3.pk3
sp_pak4.pk3

+ the one that comes with coop

43 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-15 16:04:33)

Thanks Fretn the game is working nice now. I patched the original game to 1.4.1 and reinstalled rtcw coop 0.9.3. It is ok and I see that many of bugs gone from previous releases. I played all maps and I can pass all maps including with Heinrich. Very minor problems I saw but no impact to gameplay. I am sure you can reach to rtcwcoop 1.0 stable version. The biggest bug I see that is unvisible enemies blocking doors. Jumping or firing was not a solution. I only find the solution is to throw a granade or dynamite there. smile After the way opens. Also some enemies kill himself. I only open door and they die suddenly without any fire. Thanks...