Re: Basic Tutorial for Converting SP maps to COOP

What is in the ERROR text?

You should have script, see nr 11. Otherwise your player starting script might fail in AI script. AI script gets started from script_multiplayer.

Maybe you should send me the files to check it out? Am running out of ideas.

Here, you can downlo0ad map from here :
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr … Map;117901

Should you not give me the coop files?

Can you try making it for COOP and see whats the problem , please .

Important! The spawnflags of the coop_spawnpoints were wrong. They were changed without imformation. They are fixed now. Sorry for this.

Also dumpcoopspawnpoint dumps wrong spawnflags value. You need to fix it manually in .ENTS file. Updated this in tutorial.

jurajkatalinic wrote:

Can you try making it for COOP and see whats the problem , please .

Ok. Here it is. Check Readme file there are more details. This is basicly everything in my updated tutorial in an example map.

https://bzzwolfsp.googlecode.com/svn/wi … p_sage.pk3

You did not pick a good map to try. Reason you ended up with error was not your fault. It was the original scripter who had not added something basic safety measurements. The friendly ai had actions triggered from spawn without wait. It caused error. But I found it and fixed it for you. smile

32 (edited by jurajkatalinic 2014-01-08 12:18:22)

Then how that map worked on RTCW SP ?

And THANKS for the map . I tested it out and I think I could play it on LAN .
I was thinking to prepear that map for CHRISTMAS .

SP and COOP do not work the same. Coop is a modification that's somewhere between SP and MP, as such there are things that work the same and than there are things that work completely different.

Yes I understood you wanted it for christmas. However it is not possible for me to stay on alert and map 24/7. I choosed to do this as it was quite basic and that you already tried to make it, so you are maybe little familiar with it. Also the map has almost nothing to do with Christmas for what I think so I think it could be played anyway..

Fyi. I am building a very extended map converting tutorial for COOP in Wiki atm. It has everything you need to know about Coop. Should be ready in some days. smile With that it is just possible to follow the very detailed steps and create.

35 (edited by jurajkatalinic 2014-01-10 20:10:27)

I tried to convert a simple little SP map to COOP by this instructions and I get this ERROR when I launch it :
PunBB bbcode test

Also I get some ERRORS at the MENU :
PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test

And for ERROR SCRIPT MAP I attached RAR file with my files of the map .
You can download map here :
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr … tart;20094

Post's attachments

RTCW COOP Start.rar 126.18 kb, 3 downloads since 2014-01-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Okey. I have checked this. I fixed the script error. I do not get the menu error. See if you still get the menu error. Inform me if you do.

You seem not to fully understand the script syntax. I have fixed the absolute minimum to get the map not to crash. I did not fix other things (like I noticed you had little mistake with your flag spawns). The zip includes the images to explain what I did to fix the script errors. What you see in the pics is all I did.

http://speedy.sh/N2YPr/start-fix.zip

I have added some explanation on the script syntax in my mapping tutorial. Check the tutorial in the wiki. Section 1.5.-1.6 atm.
http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/w/list

Hey , did you know if you launch with console cutscenes in SP that you can kill everyone .

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

-SSF-Sage wrote:

Fyi. I am building a very extended map converting tutorial for COOP in Wiki atm. It has everything you need to know about Coop. Should be ready in some days. smile With that it is just possible to follow the very detailed steps and create.

That sounds great, Sage, I'm looking forward to reading and learning from it cool .

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
-SSF-Sage wrote:

That sounds great, Sage, I'm looking forward to reading and learning from it cool .

Here it is. smile It is basicly ready. It has everything a normal guy would probably need I think. Only some very advanced stuff is missing that allows us to do very special non-important things. Goal is that anyone can convert a map without knowledge (and also include everything that can be known). Should not have much errors in it. And I need someone to test it so I know if it is simple to follow/function. smile

http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki … NSTRUCTION

jurajkatalinic wrote:

Hey , did you know if you launch with console cutscenes in SP that you can kill everyone .

Yes. The files are still there. They are just skipped in the scripts not blocked or anything. The Camera commands are blocked, that's why you can run around in them. Content of the cutscene is equal to real game, only real difference is that you "spectate" it instead of play it.

jurajkatalinic wrote:

I didn't know about that, Jura. How did you do this?

/coopdevmap cutscene1

There are 14, cutscene1 - 14

Cheers Sage, m8 cool . I read through your new tutorial for SP map conversions, it's very detailed and thorough. When we get all our Clan server issues sorted I'll definitely be trying this out, thanks as always.

Great. Am eager to improve and fix if something raises. I want it to be as clear and understandable as possible. If something is hard to understanfd, it should be explained better. smile

-SSF-Sage wrote:

/coopdevmap cutscene1

There are 14, cutscene1 - 14

Don't forget to change scripts to coop.ai and coop.script and then everything should work right .
But when is starting scene with AGENT BLACKOVIZ, kill him before he finishes scene . ( DESTROYING WALL then SHOOTING WITH THOMPSON )

What a find, juraj. big_smile Didn't know it's possible to play cutscenes as levels. smile

Best regards,
Von Bootz

I've got a problem understanding how to add extra ai to my map, lads. Here's my .ents file :

http://nimga.com/m/oR7hY.png

As you can see, I'm trying to add 2 venom soldier guards at the castle main gate. I used the dumpcastai command, then edited my .ents file accordingly. I then edited my .ai file so that they would trigger at the start of the map, but the map wouldn't load because of an "unknown soldier" error in the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

use wordpad or notepad++ or notepad2 so that you can see the newlines

Sorry, Fretn, notepad does look a bit like a pig's breakfast at times smile .

http://nimga.com/m/RX05u.png

You have misplaced skin and head keys. { Starts one entity (eg. AI) and } ends it.

Must be inside

{
"origin"
"skin"
"head"
}

Not

{
"origin"
}
"skin"
"head"

Also you should do it like this:

"skin" "folder/skinname"
"head" "headskinname"

Eg.

"skin" "venom/dig1"
"head" "dig1"

Note you can just leave these out and it will use the default skin if you don't care.

Looks much better now wink