Topic: 0.9.5 map bugs

At crypt2 i encountered a problem with one of the three traps, the switches at floor on the right trap are activated no matter everytime you enter the corridor to the switch behind it. You can not evade the switches on the floor.
additionally the sounds are missing for all three.
A map change kicked me from the server.

I don't know if it is a bug, or it is intentional because of problems with them, but the flaming zombies does not appear.

Re: 0.9.5 map bugs

did it happen a lot that you got kicked ? and what was the message ?

Okay, that strange problem with the traps does not happened on my server. It's strange anyways.

On my server we wasn't able to defeat Heinrich, nor could we kill the Zombies there.

The kick isn't really a kick, my client crashed immediately when i called the mapchange vote.

was it a local non dedicated server ? or where you connected to a dedicated server ?

cybdmn wrote:

At crypt2 i encountered a problem with one of the three traps, the switches at floor on the right trap are activated no matter everytime you enter the corridor to the switch behind it. You can not evade the switches on the floor.
additionally the sounds are missing for all three.
A map change kicked me from the server.

I don't know if it is a bug, or it is intentional because of problems with them, but the flaming zombies does not appear.

I take it we talk about the one with the razors. It should not be possible. The switches on the floor are "mechanical like in the real world", they react to being pressed down (touched), no invisible triggers are used for it. I don't see why this would happen unless the player's "size" was raised.

The sounds. Do you possibly miss a pk3? The sounds are executed in a pretty safe way (and do work for me).

Flaming zombies does not hurt you, so they were changed into regular megamonsters. There were only 2 individuals in the game, and it would have required awful alot of code to fix. So intentional.

Unfortunately it wasn't my server, on my own all worked flawlessly. Maybe this is something, what happens if some script buffer is full or something, when a server runs for a long time? Or something like that?