1 (edited by quadlt 2013-05-17 14:46:52)

Topic: quadlt's bug topic(?)

Hey guys,
As you can see I'm new here and because of that I've been trying out COOP a lot. I really hope this modification becomes perfect-like, so I'll help you with few bugs I found:

• The clock, found in one of the first buildings you can get in on the map, puts out weird sprites after being destroyed, I call them the xyz sprites. (not sure if that happens on all clocks)

• In the room right next to the 'clock room', there's a neutral NPC which has 2 bugs:

• Once you kill the NPC, the map restarts to warmup.

• While being on Allies, the NPC is 'scared' of you like should in normal singleplayer, however same happens while being on Axis, which logically should make the NPC stay 'normal' like all the other AI acts.

These bugs are not game changing and hard to notice, but the less, the better, right?
Here's a quick video about what I'm talking:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qQiQGihGA

Re: quadlt's bug topic(?)

thank you for reporting !

3 (edited by quadlt 2013-05-18 20:19:36)

Found more glitches:

• ! Enemies seem to have no recoil whatsoever as they can kill you in a matter of seconds from any distance. For example, on 'tram', they kill you in 2 secs shooting from the second tower. We barely could get past that area with my friend.

• ! You don't get damaged except from weapons. Best example: on 'tram', jump off any of the towers into the pit, you don't get damaged, nor killed by the scripted damage on the bottom. This happens anywhere in the game.

• Bugs on 'crypt1':

• If you're on Axis, Germans seem to be friendly as they should, tho zombies are agro and will try to kill you, but once you kill them, you respawn somewhere in the map; that counts as a death (1 live gets taken away); corpse of the zombie you killed also spawns in the same location as you with 'dying' animation.

• In the very beginning of the map, where you have to jump off into a room full of Germans and zombies fighting each other, once you kill all enemies, they seem to be standing with no weapons and what seems to be 'dead', bullets fly through, tho you get weakly flung into the air, just like you would after jumping on other player or NPC. EDIT: apparently this happens throughout the whole game, it's just random.

• ! Lives system is somewhat buggy and clearly does not work correctly. Tried playing with 5 Lives shared for both of us, we died 5 times but the lives counter just stuck on 1 and we continued to respawn like we had infinite. Later somehow map restarted into warmup after don't know how many deaths. I suspect we died 10 times in total, which could mean the shared lives doesn't work, but works like seperate lives for each player. (P.S. this was on Normal cooperative gametype)

• ! However, same happened with 'Shared lives' set to 'No'. We both died more times than 5 but nothing happened until it again restarted after someone's death. (P.S. this was done on Battle gametype)

• Buying system bugs (used /quickbuy):

• ! Buying ammo only fills your current clip (if weapon is possible to be reloaded). Trying to buy more ammo does nothing.

• ! You can buy anything at anytime, resulting in negative points amount. Not sure if that is intentional, but I think it shouldn't be available to buy anything without enough points. (you get so much for few kills that you can buy anything)

That's it for the bugs now, but after playing such short time and finding so many bugs, I don't really feel like continuing anymore. sad I also thought of some features you could include in the mean time:

• Possibly a 'Survival' gametype. This would need custom spawn points for players and most likely bots. You spawn somewhere in a good spot for trying to survive as unlimited NPCs continue to spawn and invade both of you. (would need to set the difficulty strictly to 'Nightmare!' only without option of changing) You could of course get out and go anywhere you want on the map (anywhere available). The purpose of the gametype is to be first in stats just like in 'Battle', player with more points would win the map. (dying would not take away points, but would take away, for ex., 1000 for each death on the end of the round, where total points would be counted. Streaks could also mean bonuses if possible). The game would have a time-limit, which you would set while creating the server. 30, 15, 10 minutes, anything here. Of course you will be able to use the buy menu to survive, but that would take away your points, which means players would try to buy less and less in order to have more points to win.

• The quickbuy menu should also have prices shown next to each item. I mean c'mon, it takes time to go into console and write /buy just to see all the prices...

EDIT : Video showing some of the bugs : http://youtu.be/dHmw0bd8dwk

SORRY for a really long post, but I tried to be as precise as I could.

- recoil: need to think about this, its maybe not realistic but its a good thing to make it a bit of a challenge
- falling bug: known bug, is fixed in current code
- zombie thing: they are enemies of axis and german soldiers so thats normal, the dying corpse is a bug
- npc's that just stand there without weapons is a known bug since months, I cannot reproduce it at will so I dont know how to fix it
- lives system bugs: some people have reported this in the past, but I seem not be able to reproduce it at will, so its also a though one to fix
- quickbuy only fills current clip, /buy can fill the other clips (bind it to a key to buy an extra clip of ammo /bind x buy ammo 32)
- buy with a negative score is ment to exist, but you have to know that you cannot win the round if your score is negative
- yes I know quickbuy should have prices, but actually nobody played this gametype up until now (or didnt talk about it), so you can guess why I didnt give this a priority smile

thank you for playing and reporting the bugs, this is very usefull !

Ok, I'll just post here whenever I find something.

If you create a non-dedicated server and go into server browser while in-game, all pings seem to randomly jump between 2200-2400 each time you refresh the list. Disconnecting into main menu does not fix it, restarting the game does.
Not something you should care about much, but it's still a bug that has to be fixed for a more polished look. smile

quadlt wrote:

Ok, I'll just post here whenever I find something.

If you create a non-dedicated server and go into server browser while in-game, all pings seem to randomly jump between 2200-2400 each time you refresh the list. Disconnecting into main menu does not fix it, restarting the game does.
Not something you should care about much, but it's still a bug that has to be fixed for a more polished look. smile

known bug smile
but thanks for reporting !

about the bug where you can't die if you fall from high, I plan to release an 'unnoffical' fix for it

quadlt wrote:

The clock, found in one of the first buildings you can get in on the map, puts out weird sprites after being destroyed, I call them the xyz sprites. (not sure if that happens on all clocks)

You are right. This has a missing rubble model.

quadlt wrote:

[*]Once you kill the NPC, the map restarts to warmup.[/*]

Yes. Giving pain to civilian should normally restart the map. However in COOP we prevented this action. So at some point this feature has broken. Civilian should not get pain.

quadlt wrote:

[*]While being on Allies, the NPC is 'scared' of you like should in normal singleplayer, however same happens while being on Axis, which logically should make the NPC stay 'normal' like all the other AI acts.[/*]

You are right.