Topic: Dead AI's standing as a ghost without weapon, possible workaround

Don't set g_friendlyfire to 2, I think this is causing it

Re: Dead AI's standing as a ghost without weapon, possible workaround

Why not fix it then if you know the cause?

quadlt wrote:

the fix is already in our svn
but if I would make a new release after every fix we made, we would already be at version 1589 or something
if its temporary fixable with a cvar change, then I'm in no hurry to make a new release

fretn wrote:
quadlt wrote:

the fix is already in our svn
but if I would make a new release after every fix we made, we would already be at version 1589 or something
if its temporary fixable with a cvar change, then I'm in no hurry to make a new release

A question, do you have your own testers?

yes the people from the WEB clan are testing our releases, but you are welcome to test stuff too (if you know how to compile the latest source code)

We've never experienced this bug, Fretn and we play every night. The only noticeable bug that we encounter now on a regular basis is with the map, "Forest". When the map starts and the Allied players spawn some of them end up spawning at the second flag for some reason, just outside the Axis main base.

If they take the flag and start fighting any Axis they encounter the map will then restart. Even if they don't take the flag where they spawn and instead just try to make their way back to the first spawn flag the map is again automatically restarted if the Axis guards in the towers spot them.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

We've never experienced this bug, Fretn and we play every night. The only noticeable bug that we encounter now on a regular basis is with the map, "Forest". When the map starts and the Allied players spawn some of them end up spawning at the second flag for some reason, just outside the Axis main base.

If they take the flag and start fighting any Axis they encounter the map will then restart. Even if they don't take the flag where they spawn and instead just try to make their way back to the first spawn flag the map is again automatically restarted if the Axis guards in the towers spot them.

sounds like a nasty bug, thanks for reporting

the reason you didnt experience this is probably because g_friendlyfire isnt set to 2

I have experienced spawning at wrong flag in most maps. Even my own maps. Never found why. Dunno how it is now. Been not playing much lately.

fretn wrote:

the reason you didnt experience this is probably because g_friendlyfire isnt set to 2

Ah, I see. You can disable friendly fire on a COOP server too? I never realised that, I'd never do it either smile .

-SSF-Sage wrote:

I have experienced spawning at wrong flag in most maps. Even my own maps. Never found why.

The only maps that we experience this happening, Sage, are "Forest" and "Escape1". All other maps are fine for us.

-SSF-Sage wrote:

Dunno how it is now. Been not playing much lately.

Well clean the dust from your Thompson and get your butt to our server tonight then, bro smile .

OFF TOPIC: Did you ever get a chance to finish the "Tobruk" map, Sage? If you have a test version ready we'd be happy to run it for you on our server and then report back with the info cool .

Have no time atm. I would like to but wont even be at home. sad Busy spring..

Tobruk is still not finished except first map. 2 would not be far if I had the time. Also Capuzzo has not seen many games and that atleast does not grow motivation to lose sleeptime for mapping. But thanks, you will be first to know when 2nd is ready.

-SSF-Sage wrote:

Have no time atm. I would like to but wont even be at home. sad Busy spring..

Sorry to hear that, Sage. Our Clan is definitely in the "Sage Fan Club", so we're hoping that you get back soon cool .

-SSF-Sage wrote:

Tobruk is still not finished except first map. 2 would not be far if I had the time.

Looking forward to it being released sometime soon, Sage. You make excellent maps for sure.

-SSF-Sage wrote:

Also Capuzzo has not seen many games and that atleast does not grow motivation to lose sleeptime for mapping.

I think I know the reason for that, Sage. Most servers are run from home and I've noticed that many of these home-server Admins don't even know basic server commands such as, !map, !restart etc.. We'll start promoting Capuzzo on our server more often in order for these guys running their own servers to take more notice of it.

Thanks mate! smile)