1 (edited by glowi 2013-12-23 12:20:15)

Topic: no cutscenes

Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank for this great mod. Unfortunately there are no cutscenes when I join the game or start the server.

UPDATED

What I did:
1) Downloaded 0.9.5 version of the mod and the patch
2) Copied pak files from Steam RTCW version
3) run the rtcwcoop.exe > created new not dedicated server But I got no cutscene when Escape level had loaded.
4) Then I created server.cfg and put it in the main directory. Its content is:

seta sv_maxcoopclients "8"
seta g_skipcutscenes "0"
seta g_friendlyfire   "2"

, updated start_dedicated_server.bat to

rtcwcoop.exe +exec server.cfg ,

Again no cutscenes.

Can anybody help me?
Are cutscenes supported?
I found some posts about removing them, but why adding g_skipcutscenes CVAR then?

A friend of mine has never played RTCW and I'd like to give him full experience including cutscenes.

thanks in advance

Re: no cutscenes

as stated in the readme, there is no support for cutscenes, if you want to see the cutscenes play regular rtcw smile

g_skipcutscenes is something from older releases.

the cutscenese code is just not compatible with a multiplayer (aka coop) environment

Yes, skipcutscenes did not work so well, because some of the scripts that are run in the cutscene would be run ingame. So the AI's would keep playing the custcene routines when the game starts. That's why they had to be totally removed from the script.

Now looking back, cutscenes could be solved with a new state- that would solve AI actions as well as other problems since most of actions are tied to specific states/events.

Nah, just a thought no plans. smile

Yes nothing really stops from remaking them. But skipcutscenes would have to be a servers decision. All players would view it or not view it.  Then it only would need a cvar check in map script selecting if we need to run cutscene or nocutscene trigger. We already have all the tools so it would not be that hard really.