Topic: Deploying time

When i die or waiting for deploying I have low fps neutral. Why ? is it only me?

Re: Deploying time

I hate that deploying time stuff, you never know if it is your counter, or if it is the counter of the player you are following. And i had the impression, that it sometimes skip a cycle, so you have to wait 40 seconds instead of 20 seconds. Is there a cvar to set/disable deploying time?

if you have low fps change the r_greyscale value to 0

If you want to lower the deploy time, change the server cvar g_limbotime

Thank you. :-)

cybdmn wrote:

I hate that deploying time stuff, you never know if it is your counter, or if it is the counter of the player you are following

I dont understand what you mean by this.
The deploy time is for everyone the same.

Its every X (g_limbotime) seconds. Not X (g_limbotime) seconds after you die. So if you die one second before the next reinforce, you only have to wait one second.

I talk about the display of the limbotime, it seems, that if you are in limbo, following another player, who is in limbotime too, that you see his limbotime, not yours.

cybdmn wrote:

I talk about the display of the limbotime, it seems, that if you are in limbo, following another player, who is in limbotime too, that you see his limbotime, not yours.

the limbotime is for everyone the same, it is a global timing not per player, thats why I dont understand what you mean smile

So it happens to you that you see for example 5 seconds left and that you respawn already ?
Or that you see 1 second left, and that it takes for example another 5 seconds before you respawn ?

The latter was the case, i had even the case, where the counter reaches zero, and i do not respawn, but had another counter.

9 (edited by nate 2012-11-01 16:19:53)

You mean skips cycle and respawns you on the next one. It happen few times to me as well but wasn't sure because I wasn't really paying attention on it at that time.

nate wrote:

You mean skips cycle and respawns you on the next one. It happen few times to me as well but wasn't sure because I wasn't really paying attention on it at that time.

that sounds more like what the problem really is

to what time was the g_limbotime cvar set ?

cybdmn wrote:

I hate that deploying time stuff, you never know if it is your counter, or if it is the counter of the player you are following. And i had the impression, that it sometimes skip a cycle, so you have to wait 40 seconds instead of 20 seconds. Is there a cvar to set/disable deploying time?

it ist possible that you where playing on a server with maxlives on ?

and that you where speccing a player who had no lives left ?

fretn wrote:
nate wrote:

that sounds more like what the problem really is

to what time was the g_limbotime cvar set ?

I have no idea but I wasn't really testing that..just noticed in corner of my eye and wasn't even sure. I'll have to put it in extensive check sometime in following days. smile

fretn wrote:

it ist possible that you where playing on a server with maxlives on ?

and that you where speccing a player who had no lives left ?

Definitely not, the other player does respawn and fight.