Topic: Admin Menu

How about having a nice admin menu displayed, with various options, I believe would be achievable, I just never programmed for games so I don't know where to put my hands...

Re: Admin Menu

yes it would be great to have this, but we didn't have the time yet to implement this, maybe in the future smile

3 (edited by nate 2014-05-26 16:21:04)

Re: Admin Menu

I done that years ago for our servers. It basically falls down to two options:
- A simple (e.g. vsay) alike addon
- A fully fledged UI

1) Since most commands are basically just a set of "say" command that can easily be hooked under a script. One can easily copy vsay menus and modify them so user can execute predefined commands in game like vsay..in my case it looked like <key> 1 1 for map restart..menu was mapped to M key and 1 = Global commands, sub category was 1 = map_restart, 2 = shuffle teams etc.. this option is easy but lacks one thing..any command requiring dynamic (like client slot) parameter cannot be hooked..like clientkick..

2) UI would basically require some addressing of UI. Mainly most of commands already exist so it's easy to simply duplicate or enhance most of the code and tie it to admin based commands..that would allow then ignoring, kicking, tempbanning and alike commands to look the same like callvote kick from menu etc..

3) A complete UI enhancements..that's a nightmare but basically, one could then replace obsolete and annoying UI scripting with e.g. CSS alike syntax but overall, that's almost a whole project in it self.