Topic: Editing some of the levels

So i want to add/edit a few enemies in the game but there are a few problems i'm facing:
1-when i replace the entity with a different unit i face some troubles (i.e tried to change a warzombie into a protosoldier or loper but after changing through the crypt1.ents ai_warzombie into ai_protosoldier the unit changes looks and weapon and everything but when playing it doesn't move,acts dead and is now against other zombies) so my questions are: how to prevent the dead-not-moving thing 2-how to keep them allied to Zombies no matter what 3-how do i make the warzombie look bigger like it does in Castle wolfenstein map?

2-I can't change the weapons of the soldiers unless i change their whole entity (for example i can't get a normal soldier to hold a paratrooper rifle without changing him into a blackguard)

3-How do i figure out ALL the names of different entities for example helga zombie's name is not present in the boss1.ents file how do i know what it is?

Re: Editing some of the levels

There is an SP map which contains all in-game entities and if you kick them, their names is displayed on the screen. It's name is ai list or something like that, try to search for it in google.
I don't know how to solve the other problems, I'm a noob in mapping. tongue

you mean "levelname".ai but no that doesn't contain the entity's name i've searched it i searched the castle ai file it contains "labels" not entity names like zombie1 zombie2 zombie3 or zombiewalkingthroughdoor for example

Wow really tough read. But I will help you. Please post your scripts here so I can have a look.

1. Have you changed the entity's script in .AI script file? It is not enough to change the .ents file. You must edit the corresponding "ainame" block in .AI file.

-To make them same team, add "aiteam" "4" in .ents file
-Bigger zombie... check how it is done in that map. If I remember right the key "skin" does this. I don't remember for sure right now thought.

2. Yes I think only blackguard has animation for FG42. You can give ai_soldier regular rifle, sten or panzer etc..

3. All original RTCW entities are added in BSP file. Ents file ONLY has entities that COOP mod added. All AIs have a scriptblock with their name in .AI file. Easiest way to figure someones name is to do /aicast_debug 1 and shoot him, then look at your console and see who received pain.

I suggest you stop editing existing entities. It is much easier and safer (less crashing or game failures) to add new ones. Here is a complete COOP mapping tutorial I have written. Forgive that it looks a bit messy because it was moved to a different site.

https://github.com/fretn/rtcwcoop/wiki/Mapping

Here is a direct link to adding a new AI

https://github.com/fretn/rtcwcoop/wiki/ … forcements

orwa96 wrote:

you mean "levelname".ai but no that doesn't contain the entity's name i've searched it i searched the castle ai file it contains "labels" not entity names like zombie1 zombie2 zombie3 or zombiewalkingthroughdoor for example

Let's clear air with terms.

ainame = nazi30 or zombie_flamerguy
classname = ai_zombie or ai_soldier

what do you mean?

for the last post: yes exactly i want the classname for the bigger zombie
as for adding AIs i did add a new one only small problem is it's location i don't know how to put it in a certain place (i figured there would be a command that would show you your position in notical details) and also i still don't know how to place a certain entity on my side....for example can i place ai_soldier to be my ally?

there is a consolecommand: /dumpcastai <playertype>
this will create an ents file with the needed code to create an ent for this ai type

Admin is there a way to know my coordinates inside the game?? I want to know how to place the unit exactly where i want

and i didn't understand what does that command you gave do?? how to use it exactly

Read the tutorial I posted. It will create an AI with exact same location and angle you are. Then it will create or edit ents file in your personal files folder. There it sets the location aka origin. Then you copy paste it to your real ents file if your real ents file is not in that folder.

Other way is to do /where ingame. It will print your origin in console.

Here is a tutorial to adding friendly AI in Rtcw. Difference is that you add ai_partisan in ents file instead of map editor. It also has good knowledge of AI scripting.

http://www.surfacegroup.org/tutorials/r … m/#kessler

where is my "personal files folder" I executed the command and its said saved to maps/crypt1 but i couldn't find it anywhere in the game folder (I extracted the coop pk3 in the same folder and the game loads the extracted files but in the crypt1.ent it doesn't show anything that i created with this command)

If you're using Windows, it would be inside the Documents/My Documents but that shouldn't matter for what you're doing.
Make sure you're not using 'Pure Server' if those files are not inside a pk3 file.

ok most important question: how do i disable the 100% accuracy since there is some switch inside coop files that ignore all accuracy settings in .ai files

the dumploc console command gives you your current location

I figured that out long ago but i still want to know how to disable the 100% accuracy for ALL units: ps. i know you're gonna tell it's to make the game harder and all but it's for my own testing purposes so can you tell me how to either remove the bypass on accuracy settings in .ai files or how to set it for each g_gameskill type

Well we have not used anything else than the normal RTCW way

attributes
    {
        aim_accuracy 0.6
    }

But I think this is supposed to be ignored. Thought I have somehow a feeling it might make some difference but dunno. Try it yourself:

attributes
    {
        aim_accuracy 0.1
    }

and

attributes
    {
        aim_accuracy 1.0
    }

I checked end map and the bigger zombie has these keys in BSP:

{
"skin" "dark"
"aiteam" "4"
"angle" "180"
"classname" "ai_warzombie"
"targetname" "dark6"
"ainame" "dark6"
"spawnflags" "1"
"origin" "802 472 66"
}

I think that "skin" "dark" makes him bigger.

Tried that it doesn't make a difference at all and lots of soldiers already have 0.1 accuracy so it doesn't really help what you said i need to know how do you bypass it or how do you set the accuracy for each difficulty

the accuracy is ignored in the ai files, ai get more accurate when g_gameskills is set higher

For god's sake I GET IT and I KNOW IT i've known it before and even SSF sage explained it i'm asking you HOW to change it

Well tbh I really don't like how it is done either. I wish it would read that value and just add or remove 0.2 of it or something. Makes no sense to totally ignore it and create a new absolute accuraccy. 

But there is nothing we mappers can do about it. If you want to change it, you will need to take out the code, change it and compile the code into a different mod. sad

So best way to make a difference is to suggest how it should be done and wish it would be implemented in a new version of Coop mod.

orwa96 wrote:

For god's sake I GET IT and I KNOW IT i've known it before and even SSF sage explained it i'm asking you HOW to change it

hey, watch your attitude or maybe you won't receive any answers in the future

you want to change it ? edit the source code and compile it yourself

I'm sorry Fretn but that info was given to me like 3-4 times and i already said in the question that i know it is being bypassed yet everyone keeps saying it is bypassed....ok can you tell me where this code is please?

orwa96 wrote:

I'm sorry Fretn but that info was given to me like 3-4 times and i already said in the question that i know it is being bypassed yet everyone keeps saying it is bypassed....ok can you tell me where this code is please?

as was the one who coded that feature I wanted it to confirm to you

check the code from line 461: https://github.com/fretn/rtcwcoop/blob/ … /ai_cast.c
remove that if else block and the 'feature' is gone