Topic: Coop doesn't work

I have the game on steam, on sg version says: 1.42a (I updated it), I run win 10 x64, first of all I choosed coop version to 1.0.1 x64 and I did like in this message: "Unzip the downloaded file into your rtcw installation. Make sure that the ‘coopmain’ folder from the zip file is at the same level as the ‘main’ folder from your rtcw installation." But when I enter the SG and press options - mods - coop - launch he crash.....
I opened RTCWCoop manually, I tried to join the server named WEB....(idk all his name), the map on this server was escape1, when I press connect he tries load the map and after boom CRASH....
I don't know what to do...

Re: Coop doesn't work

can you show me a screenshop of your rtcw folder ?

can you post the contents of your rtcwcoop logfile, it should be in appdata somewhere

'{Web}*Venom Night' server must have some custom pk3 files or something, I can't join it too, so try other ones: Midu or ECGN (of course you need to fix your crash problem first).

fretn wrote:

can you show me a screenshop of your rtcw folder ?

can you post the contents of your rtcwcoop logfile, it should be in appdata somewhere

I reinstalled the game (I though this will resolve the problem, but no)
Here is the rtcw folder: http://imgur.com/kGhxiLH
I can't find rtcwcoop logfile, I looked in appdata.... nothing..

Heimdall wrote:

'{Web}*Venom Night' server must have some custom pk3 files or something, I can't join it too....

Yes, we use custom packs on our RtCW Coop server, Heimdall. You can get them here:

http://hosting.slcontrol.eu/fastdl/7/do … es_needed/ cool

Ignore the "kdepot2patch.pk3", that's for another custom map we're working on for later, we're having skybox and crash problems with it just now.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
Heimdall wrote:

'{Web}*Venom Night' server must have some custom pk3 files or something, I can't join it too....

Yes, we use custom packs on our RtCW Coop server, Heimdall. You can get them here:

Ignore the "kdepot2patch.pk3", that's for another custom map we're working on for later, we're having skybox and crash problems with it just now.

Can u help me with my problem? smile

Raulete wrote:

Can u help me with my problem? smile

I'll try to help you, Raulete.

Raulete wrote:

I can't find rtcwcoop logfile.......

You should have an RtCW Coop folder in your documents and the logfile is usually to be found there.

so what happens if you start rtcwcoop.x86_64.exe, it just crashes ?

gangsta: why don't you enable pk3 downloads ?

fretn wrote:

....gangsta: why don't you enable pk3 downloads ?

We have, Fretn bro, but we've also modified the sp_pak_coop1.pk3 to make the tram textures appear the same, including the new tram that you lads added to that particular map mission. They can't download that file, that's why they can't connect to our server.

However, the file is now available for download in the link I posted earlier smile .

10 (edited by Raulete 2016-01-08 02:42:16)

fretn wrote:

so what happens if you start rtcwcoop.x86_64.exe, it just crashes ?

gangsta: why don't you enable pk3 downloads ?

No, it works.

About the log file, in documents I see only rtcwconsole.log if this is the good one this is what is inside:

logfile opened on Fri Jan 08 02:38:10 2016

Bypassing CD checks
Found high quality video and CPU
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: Raul-PC
IP6: fe80::98e8:1c9f:df80:e057%12
IP: 192.168.1.104
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960
execing highVidhighCPU.cfg
---------------
Loaded 196 translation strings from scripts/translation.lang
RTCWKEY found.
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
SDL using driver "windows"
Initializing OpenGL display
Display aspect: 1.778
...setting mode 4: 800 600
Using 24 color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
Available modes: '1280x720 1366x768 1600x900 1920x1080 1360x768 1280x768 1280x800 1680x1050 1600x1024 720x480 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x960 720x576 1280x1024'
GL_RENDERER: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----
------ Initializing Sound ------
Trying to load "OpenAL32.dll"...
Trying to load "OpenAL32.dll" from "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Return to Castle Wolfenstein"...
Loading "OpenAL32.dll" failed
Trying to load "OpenAL64.dll"...
Allocated 128 sources.
OpenAL default capture device is 'Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
OpenAL capture device opened.
OpenAL info:
  Vendor:         OpenAL Community
  Version:        1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
  Renderer:       OpenAL Soft
  AL Extensions:  AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFTX_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFT_source_latency
  ALC Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFT_loopback
  Device:         Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Available Devices:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Input Device:   Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Available Input Devices:
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Sound initialization successful.
--------------------------------
Try loading dll file E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\coopmain\ui_coop_x64.dll
Extended player name field using cvar ui_Name to 32 characters
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: Raul-PC
IP6: fe80::98e8:1c9f:df80:e057%12
IP: 192.168.1.104
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960
WARNING: NET_IPSocket: bind: WSAEADDRINUSE
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27961
Scanning for servers on the local network...
3 servers listed in browser with 0 players.
1 servers not listed due to packet loss or pings higher than 800
Requesting servers from master master.rtcwcoop.com...
4 servers parsed (total 4)
Requesting servers from master master.rtcwcoop.com...
4 servers parsed (total 4)
^3turning EXEC_NOW 'quit' into EXEC_INSERT
----- Client Shutdown (Client quit) -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
OpenAL capture device closed.
-----------------------

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

...including the new tram that you lads added to that particular map mission.

Which one??

---The Challenger---

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
Heimdall wrote:

next map ?!

Midu RTCW COOP
Server Admin

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
fretn wrote:

....gangsta: why don't you enable pk3 downloads ?

We have, Fretn bro, but we've also modified the sp_pak_coop1.pk3 to make the tram textures appear the same, including the new tram that you lads added to that particular map mission. They can't download that file, that's why they can't connect to our server.

However, the file is now available for download in the link I posted earlier smile .

use the original pk3, and just create a custom one, now you break the game for everyone who downloads your custom sp_pak_coop1.pk3

Raulete wrote:

No, it works.

About the log file, in documents I see only rtcwconsole.log if this is the good one this is what is inside:

thx for the logfile

so when does it crash ? only when connecting to the WEB clan server ? or also when you connect to other servers ?

fretn wrote:
Raulete wrote:

No, it works.

thx for the logfile

so when does it crash ? only when connecting to the WEB clan server ? or also when you connect to other servers ?

First of all, it crash when I try to open the coop mod trough RTCW SP. And also yeah... it crash just on WEB clan server cuz like Gangsta sayd I don't have the custom files req for server..

don't open the coop mod through rtcw sp, this is not supposed to work, you need to use rtcwcoop.x86_64.exe file to start rtcwcoop

fretn wrote:

don't open the coop mod through rtcw sp, this is not supposed to work, you need to use rtcwcoop.x86_64.exe file to start rtcwcoop

Ok... how can I make a dedicated server? I want to play with some friends..

fretn wrote:

use the original pk3, and just create a custom one.......

How do you do that, Fretn?

fretn wrote:

.......now you break the game for everyone who downloads your custom sp_pak_coop1.pk3

I can join any RtCW Coop server using our custom sp_pak_coop1.pk3, bro, it doesn't create any problems in that regard.

@ Jouhan:

The "Tram" map has a new extra tram model added to it, m8 smile .

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
fretn wrote:

use the original pk3, and just create a custom one.......

How do you do that, Fretn?

fretn wrote:

.......now you break the game for everyone who downloads your custom sp_pak_coop1.pk3

Same as usual, as you would keep pak0.pk3 untouched in W-et. Just create new file called zzz_coop_mod.pk3 and place all your edited files in there. Then replace the edited sp_pak_coop1.pk3 with one that comes with the installation.

Guys... sry for interrupt you but... I really don't know how to make a dedicated server...

Why don't you just hire an RtCW Cooperative server from Splatterladder, Raulete? That's what we do.

Here's a link to the website and all the details you need:

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showforum=103

Start a thread there and get you questions about server rental answered. It costs us about 6 Euros a month.

Raulete wrote:

Guys... sry for interrupt you but... I really don't know how to make a dedicated server...

https://github.com/rtcwcoop/rtcwcoop/wi … oop-0.9.9)
https://github.com/rtcwcoop/rtcwcoop/wi … oop-0.9.9)

the info is not about the latest version, but it should give you enough information

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

I can join any RtCW Coop server using our custom sp_pak_coop1.pk3, bro, it doesn't create any problems in that regard.

that's because they have sv_pure set to 0

fretn wrote:

that's because they have sv_pure set to 0

Oh, I see, I never realised that, bro. I spoke to Dogster last night about this, Fretn, told him what you and Sage had said. He's now going to change our set up in accordance with what you've advised.

Thanks again, lads, for your help and advice cool .