Topic: Some help....

Hi,
normaly I`m not totally retarded...but ATM I`m feeling so.

How can I change the player settings (esp. Playername)?

I`m not wolfplayer wink   

Kind regards
Schnoog

p.s.: If somebody needs server resources to host such a server, don`t hesitate to contact me.
The server which is running the SL forum is bored smile

Kind regards
Schnoog

Re: Some help....

schnoog wrote:

Hi,

p.s.: If somebody needs server resources to host such a server, don`t hesitate to contact me.
The server which is running the SL forum is bored smile

Our Clan would love to have our own RTCW COOP server, Schnoog, the only problem is that all our finances right now are funding our WolfET server. Thanks for the kind offer.

Hey Schnoog
{WeB}*Dog* here looks like you have the coop bug too me and gangsta have been fragging mentally after our server goes quiet in the late evening Gangsta has been running a server off his comp but its laggy. so would love to host a channel on your server.  feel free to contact us if you are happy for us to have one.   wink wink

Thanks for your proposition schnoog, but I'm not interested because too busy (IRL + my ET server = too much)
I will just run my @home from times to times just for fun and testing.
Thanks again Master!

===================== My ET servers =====================
||     BEGINNERS WORLD XPSAVE    /connect smart.servequake.com:27960     ||
||     BEGINNERS VIETNAM XPSAVE  /connect smart.servequake.com:27970     ||
====================================================

Please leave me your contact address if you`re interested in a FREE!!!  rtcwcoop server.
Up to 3 free server are available (access to the gameserver files via SFTP, start / stop over an easy to use pannel)

That's great news, Schnoog, our DOG will contact soon for sure, he's our server Admin for now cool .

Superb Schnoog many many thanks...
Right so here is a situation report.
logged in to start the server ...no problems
when refreshed list server did not appear in list!
but we could connect via the console with the IP
the rcon password did not work
at the end of "escape" door was closed and when tried to next map vote server crashed
rejoined and had a few issues we could call vote if one went spec
so i went to the sftp and downloaded server.cfg
made a back up and then had a fiddle
i stopped server
when i uploaded modified server.cfg
when trying to rejoin had awaiting gamestate......
so stopped server and re-uploaded original server.cfg
but still could not join server...?  any ideas 
so to sum up all the original files are back on the server but server wont run!

shit i get a present and i broke it in an hour....grrrrrrrrrrrrr  SORRY SCHNOOG!!!!

Dog, no problem, I have a mirror of the game folder. But, tbh. I have no clue how to config this gameserver.
It seems the server.cfg is not executed properly (the  server startup line is:

/games/rtcwcoop_01/rtcwcoop_ded.i386 +set fs_basepath /games/rtcwcoop_01 +set fs_homepath /games/rtcwcoop_01 +sets gamestartup 12/10/12 01:52:02  +set net_port 27777 +set net_IP 213.239.206.82 +set com_zoneMegs 64 +set com_hunkMegs 196 +set ttycon 0 +exec server.cfg &

)
If I should reset the server to the default settings (as it was before), simply give me hint about this wink

Guys, is well the server.cfg in Main directory ?

And what is this option: "+sets gamestartup 12/10/12 01:52:02"  ??? <-- try without it for test?

===================== My ET servers =====================
||     BEGINNERS WORLD XPSAVE    /connect smart.servequake.com:27960     ||
||     BEGINNERS VIETNAM XPSAVE  /connect smart.servequake.com:27970     ||
====================================================

The server.cfg is in the main directory. The gamestartup cvar shouldn`t be a problem, because its a sets cvar, which is only used to fill up the getstatus response (also used @ SL for self clan assignement for example).

This is how the folders look like:
http://etw-funzone.eu/rent/pics/fld1.jpg
http://etw-funzone.eu/rent/pics/fld_main.jpg

11 (edited by nate 2012-12-10 13:16:59)

+set fs_basepath /games/rtcwcoop_01 +set fs_homepath /games/rtcwcoop_01 are completely unneeded.

fs_game wont work either atm since it's buggy. Also you're missing dedicated. Here's an example from our panel:

./rtcwcoop_ded.i386 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip {ip} +set net_port {port} +set sv_maxclients 128 +sv_pure {cfg1} +coopmap {cfg2} +set sv_maxcoopclients {cfg3} +set com_hunkMegs 196 +set com_zoneMegs 96

Note that {} are smarty anchors that are passed by admin in panel we use but should be self explaning. Also coopmap is not needed if you have it in server tc... what's important is dedicated (1 = lan, 2 = internet) and for servers running multiple instances you will need to set ip and port... rest is not need it and it's optional. As for gamestartup, dunno if it's going to work tho.

Thanks for the hint.
Added the set dedicated 2 option, but left the base and homepath untouched (so the wolfconfig_ded.coop.cfg is created in gamepath).
@Dog: Please report if the problem after a server restart still occours.

13 (edited by dogster64 2012-12-11 09:13:46)

Server all working again with some small problems but nothing major...  managed to get spawn flags working and seems to be in nightmare mode if the maps gangsta and i played are anything to go by.  made a rcon password but dont know if its working as i dont know the admin commands ???  does anyone have a list of them???  would be nice to get hold of escape with the dynamite mod! so i could upload to server.
many thanks schnoog

dogster64 wrote:

Server all working again with some small problems but nothing major...  managed to get spawn flags working and seems to be in nightmare mode if the maps gangsta and i played are anything to go by.  made a rcon password but dont know if its working as i dont know the admin commands ???  does anyone have a list of them???  would be nice to get hold of escape with the dynamite mod! so i could upload to server.
many thanks schnoog

here you can find an overview of the admin commands: https://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki/Administration

about the dynamite modification for escape2: it will be in next release smile

15 (edited by nate 2012-12-11 15:30:38)

Note that this are not rcon commands but admin commands. Rcon commands can be any cvar here is an example;

rconpassword "password" - to login.
rcon "cvar" - etc: rcon g_gametype <value> etc...

While admin commands would look smth like:
/login "password" - to login
!restart - In chat, note that command availability is depended what level admin has and what commands owner of server assigned to that level.

Alternatively, you can try !list_cmds and if it's enabled by server, it will print all commands admin of that level can use...
To see what command does, replace ! with ? like etc ?restart

One thing you should note and understand, rcon is much more powerful since it can change any aspect of game and even kill it or crash it etc..so use it with caution as well as don't give it all around. For most of common commands, you can set in admin settings, any specific command can be assigned to any admin level by adding it to appropriate level a?_cmds cvar..for etc level 1 in a1_cmds ..you can add in any of the admin commands listed on page as well as cvars if you want like g_allowVote etc..that way you control what admin of that particular level can do and use as well as if g_extendedLog is enabled, trace admin actions easily since for rcon log you need to go thru lines of log to find it etc..

Hope it's clear, if not read the page I wrote about admining and fretn posted above.

Thanks for the info, guys, I'm sure that our DOG is testing this out as we speak big_smile .