1 (edited by hirko 2013-01-14 01:29:13)

Topic: Third person view improvements

Hello.
First, I must say that you project is one of the greatest things that could happen to RtCW fans! Who of us hasn't dreamed about together wandering around Wolfenstein castle... smile I also believe that COOP will live because of your hard work (game modding is not foreign to me - I know how much effort you put into it) and growing community.

OK, to the point - is it possible to add the crosshair while third person look is working? I think this gadget can prove to be quite playable with some improvements.

Re: Third person view improvements

yes thats technically possible, but I'm not sure if this will be playable, I'll need to think about it smile

3 (edited by nate 2013-01-14 17:49:38)

Re: Third person view improvements

It's possible but not practical as rtcw is by all accounts pure blooded FPS.

Better alternative is to fade crosshair in when looking at certain angle -> When front view (looking your player in back) up-down-left-right offset is lower then 25% etc.

You have to remember that game models are 3D and you can't really pull headshots or any positional based damage when you're looking from bird eye view, not to mention latency it would introduce when looking behind player as while crosshair may be on enemy player model is still showing it's back to enemy.