1 (edited by nate 2012-10-08 16:13:48)

Topic: Server Administration

Since it may be a little challenging or confusing to deal with server administration and wiki pages are not fully up to date since project is still in developing process, I'm making this topic for any questions or help anyone needs about it.

So if there's anything ask here, and I'll do my best to replay fast.

Reference: http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki/Administration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just ask you avoid spamming and go directly to point so we can keep this thread simple for others that come after you. wink

Re: Server Administration

how can i create a server in coop? i am with my friends around 13 guys!!! pls answer me

click on the 'create server' menu item, choose your settings and click on 'start server' in the right bottom corner

my friend i do that but it goes back to a bat i dont know it closes the game. (sry for bad english i am from greece)

i want to create an internet server

it says qagamex86.dll failed and more pls help me me and my friends are waiting to long to play this wonderfull game!!
pls answer!

forevas, If I understood you correctly, when you start creating server the game crashes with error that qagamex86.dll failed to load.

Am I right?

Best regards,
Von Bootz

yes

when i start an internet server if i create a local it doesnt crashes.I download an other qagamex86.dll but it doesnt work

can you give the output of the file rtcwconsole.log ? its somewhere in your main folder

btw: if you run a local server its also an internet server, just open your firewall

yeah i know this with local but i want to make an server:yes,over internet but when i start this it goes back to the bat .when i start the other types of server it works perfect!

But a dedicated server is just a bat and you will not be playing it unless you join separately, and probably with a different installation too. so it is possible ppl can join. so use non ded server.

Plus you might have to forward a port for your ip. and ingame set that ip and port with /net_ip "..." and /net_port "27960". This depends on your router. Also firewall can block net access, so exes should have full access.

There are many public servers too you can use.

when i create i non dec server it starts but my friends cant see this online....:(

tell me the steps one by one pls

forevas wrote:

when i create i non dec server it starts but my friends cant see this online....:(

thats probably because you are behind a router or a firewall, you need to open port 27950 and 27960 on your firewall and also forward them in your router to your computer

it might be easier if you and your friends just play on a public server

I do not bother writing much on mobile. But routers, firewalls and systems are different. Only my current router need ports forwarded. So changes are that your friend could run a server with just few clicks.

can you tell me the steps?

no, its different for each router

ok but where i can foun it on my router?

ok but where i can foun it on my router?

22 (edited by nate 2013-02-10 17:57:11)

Google your router model or open the manual of a router and check the section of how to open/forward the ports.

In principle it's quite easy but each router has a different way of handling things.

you cant give someones other server who doesnt want it?

Eh?

to create a server and let me be the ''boss''?