Re: Server Administration

Erm. There are default cfgs set for you that game will automatically search for, if it does not find them, this error comes. You do not have to have them thought. You can use them or not use them. It should not matter thought. Try these steps.

1. Back up all CFG files.
2. Remove the server / Ded cfg files. (I think game should automatically replace it).
3. Run the game and close it.
4. Copy the cfg you posted above and create a new file called myserver.cfg
5. Add +exec myserver.cfg to your batch, I fixed couple spots
rtcwcoop_ded.exe +set dedicated 2  +net_ip 75.140.2.101 +net_port 27960 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_uigame 0 +set vm_game 0 +exec myserver.cfg +coopmap swf
6. Launch server and try to connect to it.

If you can't still connect after this, try changing +net_ip to your computers local ip. For me it looks something like 192.168.0.X (x is not 1). Then try connecting to your net ip 75.140.2.101. Also open port for this 192. starting ip. I don't think this always needs to be done, but I have to do this on my current router to get online. Am not really expert on this area thought, others have more knowledge on this.

Thanks.  I noticed that you put a space between dedicated and 2, plus you moved the +coopmap swf to the last command.  Dos for me was eons ago but as I recall, commands were executed one by one in order first to last.  So I'm hoping that the order and the syntax corrections you suggested work.  I'll give it a try later today and report back.  Thanks again for responding.

I still get the message in the dos window, "couldn't exec auto exec.coop.cfg".  I think if I knew where the application was directed to look for this file, I might be able to get it to work.  Also, I launch Coop on my other computer, select internet as source, open the console, type in /connect… and then the internet ip and port and it doesn't connect, it sits there counting "waiting for connection".

If you want a dedicated and you're behind a router you need to set +set_ip to your local ip, not the global one.
You will need to port forward 27960 to the local ip you're hosting the server on.

frootloop wrote:

I still get the message in the dos window, "couldn't exec auto exec.coop.cfg".  I think if I knew where the application was directed to look for this file, I might be able to get it to work.  Also, I launch Coop on my other computer, select internet as source, open the console, type in /connect… and then the internet ip and port and it doesn't connect, it sits there counting "waiting for connection".

This error message can be ignored just aslong as myserver.cfg is executed and your batch works.

106 (edited by Vetordos 2015-04-15 02:23:53)

the difference between non-deticated and internet server? if i want to play with my friends on internet what i have to do? and i also have to open ports or it is not necessary? and will they be able to see it on the list? and guys pls make more servers there is only running for 4 players!

Success!  Well, sort of.  I never did get the CoopDED application to work.  I had to use the set up dedicated server that is in the Coop main menu.  My problem was that I didn't completely understand how port forwarding worked.  Once I opened port 27960 in the XP computer's Firewall and put the correct LAN address for port forwarding in my router, everything worked. 

Now that the Coop server is running on a separate computer from my regular gaming computer, it is much more stable.  I haven't had my screen go blank and the server has not crashed.

I don't know what I might be doing wrong with the CoopDED application.  Probably something in the server cfg or the bat file.  Actually, for now, I like having the server running like I do because I can see what the game is doing.  With the CoopDED application, all I ever saw was a dos window.

Vetordos wrote:

the difference between non-deticated and internet server? if i want to play with my friends on internet what i have to do? and i also have to open ports or it is not necessary? and will they be able to see it on the list? and guys pls make more servers there is only running for 4 players!

A non dedicated server would be one you would run on a LAN and only players connected on the LAN behind your router can join.  A dedicated internet server is one that allows anyone outside of your LAN on the internet (WAN) to join. 

It took a while for my server to show up in the Coop internet browser but you can still have your friends join if you know your internet IP.  Start your server, then have your friends start Coop on their computers.  Have them press the tilde key ~ to bring down the game console and type in, /connect 000.000.000.000:27960 except replace the zeros with your actual internet IP.  If you don't know your IP google "find my ip".  You will find several free utility programs that will tell you what it is.  If you do that and they cannot connect it is most likely because your router is not responding to requests from your friends on port 27960. 

You may also need to use port forwarding if you have multiple computers on your LAN.  In that case you have to go to your web browser and log into your router.  Essentially you need to tell the router to specify a range of ports to open e.g. 27950:28000.  Next, your router needs to know which computer on the LAN to forward those outside requests to.  This would be the LAN ip for the computer you are running the server on.  Then you need to select the "Protocol", UDP.  My router for port forwarding looks something like this:

Service Name: Coop    Port Range: 27950:28000   LAN IP 192.168.46.1    Protocol: UDP

Once you do that, internet traffic (your friends) coming to your router requesting data over a port between 27950 and 28000 will be "forwarded" to the LAN ip 192.168.46.1.  When port 27960 is also open in your Windows Firewall, your server will respond to those requests.

At least this is what got my server running like I wanted.  Hope it helps.

frootloop wrote:

Success!  Well, sort of.  I never did get the CoopDED application to work.  I had to use the set up dedicated server that is in the Coop main menu.  My problem was that I didn't completely understand how port forwarding worked.  Once I opened port 27960 in the XP computer's Firewall and put the correct LAN address for port forwarding in my router, everything worked. 

Now that the Coop server is running on a separate computer from my regular gaming computer, it is much more stable.  I haven't had my screen go blank and the server has not crashed.

I don't know what I might be doing wrong with the CoopDED application.  Probably something in the server cfg or the bat file.  Actually, for now, I like having the server running like I do because I can see what the game is doing.  With the CoopDED application, all I ever saw was a dos window.

for the coopded application, its better you start it from dos

and yes the coopded application is a dos window, all you can see in it is the server console where you can type server commands

When I run CoopDED all I get is a literal DOS window.  When I run dedicated internet from within the RTCWCoop.x86.exe I get an RTCW console log, not a DOS window. 

I would really like to enter a few settings for the server from within the RTCW console, like !nextmap but the console returns "broadcast: print "server: !nextmap\n" and the map doesn't change.

that's because the 'nextmap' command doesn't exist in rtcwcoop, you can callvote a nextmap, but I know thats not the same smile

We usually just type, !map mapname, to change map, e.g., !map escape2 or !map factory.

excuse me, the !nextmap command exists as an admin command

fretn wrote:

excuse me, the !nextmap command exists as an admin command

Good grief, you're right, Fretn, I just tested the command on our server and it worked perfectly. All this time I've been learning map .bsp names big_smile .

that was a good training for your brain sir big_smile

fretn wrote:

that was a good training for your brain sir big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/M7hxJDU.gif