Topic: 0.9.4 is here

It took us a while, but we managed to get rtcwcoop 0.9.4 ready for release !

This release has one interesting new feature and one interesting bugfix. All the other stuff is minor.
So I'll start with the interesting bugfix. Sage went through all the map scripts and modified all the parts
that could possibly break the maps during coop play. Some maps got even modified to make them more fun during a coop session.

Mapfixes

• Escape2 is reworked and has now a dynamitable door. The dynamite needs to be picked up somewhere in the map (10 possible locations)

• Tram has now a second tramcar, so late joiners or people who spawn incorrectly can reach the bottom a bit easier. The enemies are also a bit modified.

• The elevators in Rocket are now faster and not so annoying anymore.

• Church and Castle had sound bugs.

• The truck in Forest shouldnt break anymore and do what it is supposed to do: driving to the finish

• End map is made coop friendly, AI's don't fight eachother anymore and there's more ammo/health available

• Crypt1 was sometimes unfinishable, this is fixed

• Dam has also better (and faster) elevators, also the AI's are working better now.

New feature: play as axis in the speedrun gametype

If you choose the speedrun gametype, you have now the possibility to play in the axis team. During warmup (yes I added warmup) you can select to join the axis team in the ingame menu, or use the console command (/team red or /team blue to go back to allies). An axis player always spawns at the location of a bot and this bot is killed (offered). The axis team allows place for 1 or 2 human players, depending on the total number of players on the server. When 8 people are playing a maximum of 2 axis players is possible, in all other situations only one.

Other minor new features and bugfixes

• Hirko started working on new levelshots (the ones with coop action on it are his, the others are placeholders made by me)

• Warmup, the time is tweakable by the cvar g_warmup (lower than 5 is not possible)

• Support for mapname_notebook.menu and mapname_clipboard.menu no changes to menus.txt is needed to make it work. This is useful for custom maps.

• Map scripts now accept a g_random cvar this is useful to spawn entities in random locations, see escape2 for examples.

• cg_fancyfx cvar, all new visual things that can break older computers must be enabled by this cvar, its off by default, this includes the greyscale rendering when you are dead, this might fix some peoples problem with a crashing game if they die. The default value is 0. If you want to have a greyscale screen when you're dead (like it was default before), you have to set this cvar to cg_fancyfx to 1 (and also set the r_greyscale cvar to the correct value)

• The code is now ready to be translated, but I'm mentally not ready for it yet tongue

• The intro video now works on widescreen

• After a long time, servers stopped working, this is fixed now

• Friendly fire was broken, it works again !

• Numsecrets was broken again, I fixed it, again smile

• I modified the norespawn script function so it now accepts an aiName, just like the alertentity function

• Stop sending servercommands to bots

• Crash bug when you die (see above)

Capuzzo coop campaign (3 maps) by Sage

Sage released his 3 map coop campaign as a first beta, you can find a local mirror here (http://www.rtcwcoop.com/COOP_Capuzzo_3maps_beta1.zip).
I played an alpha version of this campaign with him and it is a lot of fun. I'll be running it on my server so you can play it.

Download links

https://bzzwolfsp.googlecode.com/files/ … indows.zip
https://bzzwolfsp.googlecode.com/files/ … _linux.zip
https://bzzwolfsp.googlecode.com/files/ … .4_osx.zip

Statistics about previous releases

0.9.3 had 2854 downloads
0.9.2 had 1018 downloads
0.9.1 had 743 downloads
0.9 had 1501 downloads

So it looks like 0.9.3 was pretty popular. But you have to keep in mind that it took much longer to release 0.9.4 than the previous ones.

2 (edited by badboy_zay 2013-03-01 12:26:45)

Re: 0.9.4 is here

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA
BIG THANKS THE TEAM, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORD!!!! xD

3 (edited by profitgamers 2013-03-01 15:11:18)

GOOOOOOD WORK !!!!!

But here we have 3 medium bugs (still exist)

1) If I use Numeric mode of voice messages , My weapon still changes to number which I pressed for any voice message.

2) Incorrect ping value in server list (12225 , 7668 for example)

3) Which command responses for downloading custom maps?

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

profitgamers wrote:

GOOOOOOD WORK !!!!!

But here we have 3 medium bugs (still exist)

1) If I use Numeric mode of voice messages , My weapon still changes to number which I pressed for any voice message.

2) Incorrect ping value in server list (12225 , 7668 for example)

3) Which command responses for downloading custom maps?

1) -> which keyboard layout do you use ? if its not english, can you change it to that ?

2) ingame serverlist or the normal main menu serverlist ?

3) set cl_allowdownload 1

but download the maps from here: http://www.rtcwcoop.com/COOP_Capuzzo_3maps_beta1.zip its faster

1) English as default

2) both of them

3) ok!

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

profitgamers wrote:

1) English as default

2) both of them

hmm for both: strange, it works normal on my end
which os, windows ?

8 (edited by badboy_zay 2013-03-01 17:48:49)

great, very stable, but here are some problems:
- like above comment, weapons change when I use quick message
- game crashed whenever I vote something
- AI uses aimbot or something. my friend and I can't stealth in Panderborn level because they can spot us before we spot them
- chat message disappear too quick
- when the other players use sniper while crouching, they handle it one hand instead of 2 hands

WINDOWS XP SP3

Keyboard Layout :

1) Primary = English
2) Secondary = Russian

0V3RDR!VE !!!!

badboy_zay wrote:

great, very stable, but here are some problems:
- like above comment, weapons change when I use quick message
- game crashed whenever I vote something
- AI uses aimbot or something. my friend and I can't stealth in Panderborn level because they can spot us before we spot them
- chat message disappear too quick
- when the other players use sniper while crouching, they handle it one hand instead of 2 hands

hmm now the quickmessage thing happens to me too, I must have looked over this, sorry

cannot crash the vote thing, can you give more info about this ?

ai: whats the skilllevel set too ?

about the sniper: this is something minor, I'm not sure if its fixable

Downloaded the Linux version of 9.4 for our server installed all the files and deleted capuzzo airport however server will now not start. Reinstalled original 9.3 files and server still won't start anyone with any ideas or help would be very grateful...  maybe a list of installed files and folders would help then i could compare!!!

fretn wrote:

hmm now the quickmessage thing happens to me too, I must have looked over this, sorry

cannot crash the vote thing, can you give more info about this ?

ai: whats the skilllevel set too ?

about the sniper: this is something minor, I'm not sure if its fixable

don't worry, your work are great. looking forward to a fix soon smile

I really have no idea what about the vote thing, it could be my game problem. but I just reinstalled the whole game few days ago. only thing I know is I'm the host, everytime I pick a vote option, the game suddenly crashed to desktop without a warning. I've asked my friend to vote himself but when he pick an option, both of us got crashed too. I'm not sure if people have this problem, if they don't then it must be my own problem.

no matter what skilllevel I used, it looks like the same to me. we play on Panderborn level yesterday, it was quite frustrated because stealth system didn't work too well, AI spot us too quickly and everytime they shooting it seems they used some sort of aimbot. I wouldn't say this happen on another level, but this level was really a challenge because we have to retried a lot due to unexpected alarm.

if you can't fix the sniper problem, it's okay. it's no big deal but it just weird when you see your mate carry it in one handed tongue

dogster64 wrote:

Downloaded the Linux version of 9.4 for our server installed all the files and deleted capuzzo airport however server will now not start. Reinstalled original 9.3 files and server still won't start anyone with any ideas or help would be very grateful...  maybe a list of installed files and folders would help then i could compare!!!

can you give me the output of the rtcwconsole log ?

Wunderbar, fretn! big_smile

I'm going to test it tonight if I have enough free time, yuh. smile

Best regards,
Von Bootz

What ai reinforce? Probably the coop Ai's have not been made easier for this. With default attributes they are pretty godlike.

Ok guys Got it working just me being a Nub and not knowing enough about Linux, anyhow Firstly i wanna say guys !!!!  WHAT AN AMAZING JOB>>>  the gameplay is awesome we played the entire game last night and it was brilliant fun.  I'm loving the new splash screens between maps just to let you know though i seem to be the only one getting them!

On to bugs as far as we can tell we only found 4:

1.After you connect you dont automatically join a fireteam.  the only way to do this is to bring down the console and re-type your name in then you join..  (no big problem just thought you should know)

2. Tram:   After activating the tram switch in the basement the tram never actually arrived we could see it in the distance but as far as we could see the button never activated it.

3. Dam: After the first wave of germans were killed by our sniper the guys went down to get the hidden items and went to capture 1st flag But second wave of germans seemed invulnerable to sniper weapons.  may have been bad shooting but pretty sure it wasnt.

4. Capuzzo: we installed the new Beta1 version of the map but no matter what we did we could not get the truck through the second gate the switch made the sound of activation but never actually opened.  the first time we put it down to someone throwing switch too early but afterwards we re-did map 4 times making sure all treasure was collected all germans were dead BEFORE switch was thrown. Even after this the second gate would not open.

These are very small problems and compared to the huge success of what you guys have achieved i only even mention them because i know you guys are perfectionists.  I wanna say on behalf of our whole clan how much we all appreciate what you guys have achieved here and thank you for the hours of pleasure you have given us with this new MOD!!!!

Cheers Guys

Dogster   ;D ;D

Thanks for the input! smile

1. Fretn..

2. Did you press the button next to the tram after you put on the power from the basement? Putting the power on alone does not make it move anymore. Then the tram2 should move once tram1 reaches a top or mid station. I never experienced that it would not move. I need to look into it.

3. Sounds weird. Let's see if it happens again. The system sometimes might fail and this might never happen again.

4. Only once I've experienced the gate2 not opening. And I could never reproduce it. I tried the all possible ways many times, but nope. By script it is impossible to fail IN THEORY. Only possibility I see is that wait command breaks the script. I have never heard about it not opening in SP either. The gate opening script only checks if the button is already pressed (can't press twice), any other thing should not affect it. Next time this happens could you noclip past the gate and see if the AI has spawned in the next city?

dogster64 wrote:

1.After you connect you dont automatically join a fireteam.  the only way to do this is to bring down the console and re-type your name in then you join..  (no big problem just thought you should know)

Yes I noticed this too, I thought I knew why it happened, but your workaround tells me it might something completely else that is going wrong !

btw: did you try the play as axis in the speedrun gametype yet ?

Firstly Sage with regard to tram ....  yup we played the map 3 times and moved lever and pressed button.... but no tram feel free to jump on our server any time and i will happily show you tram issue.

yeah with regard to Dam that was my thought too but i was hitting them plum with a snooper and they were not even reacting but i will keep you posted when we play tonight!

I'll try the noclip now and let you know what happens!

and Fretn the retype name is no biggie...  but if you believe its something more important than ill keep you posted if it changes at all./  and no we have not tried speedrun yet ...  will try and give it a go this week!

Actually. I found a way to reproduce this. Forget the noclip, I was able to test it. I don't think the error is in the maps (Capuzzo nor Tram). I have a theory.

First of all. Do you have a dedicated server? Or do you play it directly by hosting the server with the same client?

I'm testing these by simply doing a localhost, connecting myself to it with another client. If the client that hosts it presses the buttons, it all works nicely. However if the client that is CONNECTED presses it, nothing happens.

Both scripts are run from the player scriptblock and has an accum bitset to check not to run the script twice. I think either the accum or the player scriptblock halts it.

In either case, perhaps you should try if it makes a difference if the one who hosts the server presses it. Or if other case, the first one who connected the server.

21 (edited by dogster64 2013-03-05 00:32:07)

Right just played tram worked fine had just restarted the server so maybe it was a glitch.... as we work through them ill report back!!!   

EDIT!
Had to restart server one more time and tram not working again..... i wondered if it was due to number of players  when we played earlier we had 3 players and it worked......   Tonight we had 5 and it didnt just a heads up!  Even tried asking a couple of our guys to leave for 5 mins to take it back to 3 players and restarted map but was still bugged!!

Great, thank you! smile

We found a bug in the accum/player script system and we are working on a fix for it. Meanwhile, if something breaks, try if it helps to do the action with the first connected or the hoster like I said. smile

Well, guys, what can I say about RTCW COOP 0.9.4 ? When we first got news of the new release and installed it on our server I was honestly just expecting to see a few good bug fixes, how wrong I was. You have completely transformed the game from the previous 0.9.3 version and the results have been absolutely awesome cool .

You're a very talented Dev Team and all your hard work is very much appreciated. On behalf of our Clan, thank you all very much for this superb new mod.

Hey all..
Is there any chance make minimap more like ET have and is it possible put every fireteam member different color mark its not easy to follow now who is who...
And thx for 0.9.4 its great to play that game now.

MasaHari wrote:

Hey all..
Is there any chance make minimap more like ET have and is it possible put every fireteam member different color mark its not easy to follow now who is who...
And thx for 0.9.4 its great to play that game now.

a minimap is something i have been thinking about in the past, maybe its something for the future