Topic: Known Bugs

Confirmed known bugs

- Serverlist not showing anything set cl_master to 78.47.152.4
- Fog issues, use r_fastsky 1 to partially fix it
- Flamezombies cannot hurt you
- Pick up a chair and it shows for everyone, same for notes
- g_skipcutscenes (it was removed shortly before release, but I forgot to update the readme)
- In the crypt2 map there is a rome where 4 zombies come if you shoot them, some nazis should open a door, this only happens after restarting the map. The script at the end of that map does not run, no exit in this map.
- In the forest map, the exit with 4 players does not work.

Known bugs that we cannot reproduce, if you know how to make it happen, tell us.

- Sometimes maps cannot be finished.
- Getting disconnected after a mapchange
- Ai's without weapons

Workarounds:

- "Glimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" -> see below, use a custom resolution (thx luxox_18)

Re: Known Bugs

Had a quick setup of a server, and played the first three maps. Nice play, and can confirm the fog issue. Its still there in the tram map. There i had too some frozen AIs.

Oh, you know me as Staatmeister in the Splash Damage forums. ;-)

Had a quick setup of a server, and played the first three maps. Nice play, and can confirm the fog issue. Its still there in the tram map. There i had too some frozen AIs.

Oh, you know me as Staatmeister in the Splash Damage forums. ;-)

After some more gaming i have one really annoying thing. My server is running on a Celeron 2,6GHz with 512MB of RAM and an GeForce Ti200, running Windows XP SP3 x86. After some map change votes my server get a "Signal 11" and exit.
All i have found is, that this have something to do with the GL subsystem, but my server running a an dedicated server, so no graphics are loaded.

Some map specific script bugs are reproducable.

In the crypt2 map there is a rome where 4 zombies come if you shoot them, some nazis should open a door, this only happens after restarting the map. The script at the end of that map does not run, no exit in this map.

In the forest map, the exit with 4 players does not work.

cybdmn wrote:

After some more gaming i have one really annoying thing. My server is running on a Celeron 2,6GHz with 512MB of RAM and an GeForce Ti200, running Windows XP SP3 x86. After some map change votes my server get a "Signal 11" and exit.
All i have found is, that this have something to do with the GL subsystem, but my server running a an dedicated server, so no graphics are loaded.

Some map specific script bugs are reproducable.

In the crypt2 map there is a rome where 4 zombies come if you shoot them, some nazis should open a door, this only happens after restarting the map. The script at the end of that map does not run, no exit in this map.

In the forest map, the exit with 4 players does not work.

If you figure out how to reproduce the signal 11 error, can you reproduce it on the 'bzz' server, its running in debug mode, so I can catch this error.

thanks for the feedback !

It happened twice, everytime we get stuck at non running mapscripts, and started a vote for a map change. After three or more of these, the server got the signal 11 and exited. I am not shure, if the map changes are responsible, or if that is pure conincidence. But it may have something to do with the messages on the server console while change the map. Somewhere i read, that there is a chance to get an message overflow.
Hopefully i can figure out, how to reproduce it.

Oh, and it was fun to play with Marvin and you. ;-)

"Glimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

this is a error in the game resolution , this can be fixed making this:

open the wolfconfig.coop.cfg

locate this lines:

seta r_customheight ""
seta r_customwidth ""
seta r_mode ""

and in seta r_mode "" put the value -1 for ignore the defaults resolutions

r_mode "-1"

and the resolution that you like:

seta r_customheight "768"
seta r_customwidth "1366"

or download this:

WolfConfig.coop.cfg

here are some bugs I've experience:

Mission 1 Level 2: Castle Wolfenstein
- after unlocked the locked door in the courtyard, enemies inside the building disappeared. as the machine gun part you have to take out soldiers to open the door to the bridge, but there are no enemies spawn, thus make it impossible to finish the level.

M2 LV4: The Defiled Church
- the object "Eliminate all of Helga von Bulow's personal Elite guards" can't be finished, I think it because some enemies freeze after their death. which impossible to finish the level.

M2 LV5: Helga
- the door to finish the level can't be opened after the boss fight. however after restart the level I can get through it.

M3 LV1: Forest Compound
- the "finished level" box appear when i got to the truck, but the level didn't finish itself.

M3 LV3: Radar Installation
- after blow up the radar dish room, the next door to it should be opened, but it didn't.

M3 LV4: Air Base Assault
- for some reason, after the technician finished his dialogue, he disappeared. and I can't launch  the Kobra because I can't press the switch.

M4 LV4: Secret Weapons Facility
- after killing bunch of Loper, the door to the guard station should be opened, but it didn't. so I had to restart the level, then the door opened.

misc:
- is there anyway to make notes/mission object readable?

that's it for now smile

badboy_zay wrote:

- the object "Eliminate all of Helga von Bulow's personal Elite guards" can't be finished, I think it because some enemies freeze after their death. which impossible to finish the level.

I think you can gib them with an explosive, maybe this way the map still can be finished

On what settings did you play ?

fretn wrote:
badboy_zay wrote:

I think you can gib them with an explosive, maybe this way the map still can be finished

On what settings did you play ?

graphic setting or gameplay setting?

gameplay settings

12 (edited by cybdmn 2012-10-09 12:24:50)

badboy_zay wrote:

Mission 1 Level 2: Castle Wolfenstein
- after unlocked the locked door in the courtyard, enemies inside the building disappeared. as the machine gun part you have to take out soldiers to open the door to the bridge, but there are no enemies spawn, thus make it impossible to finish the level.

Get that often too, even if enemies are spawned on the bridge, and you take them out, the door often does not open.

badboy_zay wrote:

M3 LV1: Forest Compound
- the "finished level" box appear when i got to the truck, but the level didn't finish itself.

Never be able to finish this map, because of this behaviour.

badboy_zay wrote:

M3 LV3: Radar Installation
- after blow up the radar dish room, the next door to it should be opened, but it didn't.

Had this too.

On Mission 2 i had a strange beheviour, If at start someone joins the game later than the others, Kessler go back to the starting point, and repeat his script.

In the crypt levels are many script errors, regarding doors, that should open, and won't.

Another error i got yesterday was, that one of these three traps going insane, and kill everyone, no matter which state it has. Nobody was be able to reach the switch. (Look at the attached screenshot)

Post's attachments

shot0008.jpg
shot0008.jpg 41.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

13 (edited by badboy_zay 2012-10-09 15:52:36)

fretn wrote:

gameplay settings

cooperative mode, normal, autosave checkpoint, with many reinforce.

Get that often too, even if enemies are spawned on the bridge, and you take them out, the door often does not open.

in my case, the enemies didn't spawn

Another error i got yesterday was, that one of these three traps going insane, and kill everyone, no matter which state it has. Nobody was be able to reach the switch. (Look at the attached screenshot)

haha, I got that bug too. but me and my friend have managed to reach the switch by doing some trick tongue.
I think go to spectator mode and join game near the switch would work too. in my case, my friend keep jumping on the trap while I have to reach the switch as fast as I can smile

Got this, after tram ride, while starting script on the next map on my server.

G_Scripting: trigger has unknown name: player
ERROR: AI Scripting: wait cannot find targetname "player"

----- Server Shutdown Server crashed: AI Scripting: wait cannot find targetname
"player"

-----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
---------------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Hitch warning: 1147 msec frame time

I think this thread needs updating. With a quick look barely any exist anymore.

-SSF-Sage wrote:

I think this thread needs updating. With a quick look barely any exist anymore.

Agreed. Too bad there's no strikethrough BBCode in this forum. Would be awesome if any mod could just cross out fixed bugs. Or spoilers could also do the job.

What about this BUG ?

PunBB bbcode test

And this ?

PunBB bbcode test

Well, the first seems like a model bug to me, can't tell nothing about the second because the image is too dark for me (and I'm too lazy to open it in paint and raise the brightness at the moment).

Best regards,
Von Bootz

I think the second one has problems with the skybox or something

The second problem was that if you RESPAWN , you have 3 or 5 seconds AFTER RESPAWNING something like GODMODE .
After RESPAWN on that map ( RADAR INSTALATION ) you can when you RESPAWN jump over the edge and into the water .

And becouse of that WARMUP I everytime lose points sad   It would be great if that would be REMOVED .

And I again saw the ENEMIES stuck and don't move . Many times that happend on CRYPT 2 for that zombies in the END ( The one with the shields and around you is heads that throw FIRE ) .

Why did they REMOVE FLAME ZOMBIES ?! How PYRO soldiers can hurt us with FLAMETHROWER ?

Also UNOFFICIAL PATCHES for RTCW SP gives some effects on RTCW COOP . WHY ?
Becouse its REPLACING "sp_pak4" and FIXING things like latest UNOFFICIAL PATCH FIXES "TESLA GUN SHOOTS WITH NOCLIP" .

the code for the flame zombies requires a total rewrite to work in a multiplayer environment, the same for the tesla

jurajkatalinic wrote:

What about this BUG ?

PunBB bbcode test

I do not get the bug with those red/green/blue arrows. Please check that you have all needed packs. Also please open console and take screenshot of it. And Please tell me what is exploding, the zombie?

23 (edited by N3rwitZ 2014-01-03 14:15:49)

^ Yeah, the zombie that is eating the corpse on the ground. Well, I am sure this bug is not happening every time just because I've already played the same level 2-3 times on local server and didn't saw something like that there.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

I can tell you it is a missing model. I need to know path and model name. Not much else can help. Still my guess is a missing pk3. Or then the code must be checked if it selects ramdomly between some models and one is missing. But I suppose I would have seen it or it would be reported more often.

25 (edited by jurajkatalinic 2014-01-20 13:17:44)

I got a new BUGS !

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test