51 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-29 19:34:57)

Re: Bug & Feature List

I was online with two other players, so altogether there was three. Of course two players or more is what Co-Op is about. Also, I something to add; At the end of a map, some maps fade out of the statistics very slowly, some fade out quickly. The long fade-out may be something you are including so players have time to read all the statistics. But I don't think it would take (roughly) 10 seconds for players to read it all, 4-5 seconds yes; players would get impatient. So maybe all maps should be the same fade-out time as the original Single Player.

TitaN655 wrote:

I was online with two other players, so altogether there was three. Of course two players or more is what Co-Op is about. Also, I something to add; At the end of a map, some maps fade out of the statistics very slowly, some fade out quickly. The long fade-out may be something you are including so players have time to read all the statistics. But I don't think it would take (roughly) 10 seconds for players to read it all, 4-5 seconds yes; players would get impatient. So maybe all maps should be the same fade-out time as the original Single Player.

I think original rtcw sp had different fade out times also

I know what coop is about, but I think in code, thats why I was telling about being alone on the server or not wink

btw: I tested the callvote menu on a dedicated server to change a map and I see the maplist

Yes, the map callvote also worked for me.

55 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-30 13:43:30)

I have created another bugfix for this bug:
- [Medium] Cannot read documents/notes, mouse appears. Also, you need to hold down the Activate button for it to show, if you let go, it disappears, but the documents/notes do not appear anyway.
I don't know if you are removing this on purpose, but it is a very simple fix. You missed out the line:
    loadMenu { "ui/clipboard.menu" }
So when a document/note is selected in-game, the game doesn't know what to do as it has not loaded any UI for it, this line will load the UI.
There is only one thing I have not tested with this fix, and that is with other players online. I don't know if when one player selects the document/note, all the other players will also have the note in front of them, and cannot move.
Here is a link to the download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ork45dghlal1hma

--

I have also found a couple bugs with g_limbotime:
- When g_limbotime is 0 the server will crash.
- When g_limbotime is 50 or anything less than 50 (including any minus values), you will never respawn once killed.

Maybe you should try and make g_limbotime value set as seconds.
Any decimal values should be ignored, the default value should be set.

And one other bug in Escape1 (i found this a while back, just forgot to mention):
- In flagzone mode the flag up by where the snipers are ('Upper bunker'), players capture it, and still spawn at previous flag (first flag caught).

TitaN655, you make me feel depressed tongue

smile I'm just an expert at finding bugs.
A while ago, I used to play on an older version of Enemy Territory, it had many bugs, and I just exploited them, and it was so fun tongue . For example, I found that if you prone backwards into a specific part of a hill/Mountain, then you can go inside it, and eventually drop out the map falling forever. Ever since I found that, I was searching with my mates on the server for some more bugs, testing everything, eventually we found loads of fun bugs, such as the rifle grenade gets stuck when you fire and switch to a different weapon and back again, and has a weird movement when you try to fire it.
-Off topic sorry tongue -

no problem smile
I remember the etpro times where our bugtracker was full of bugs like the ones you describe smile
Difference with rtcwcoop is: smaller team more bugs

TitaN655 wrote:

I have created another bugfix for this bug:
- [Medium] Cannot read documents/notes, mouse appears. Also, you need to hold down the Activate button for it to show, if you let go, it disappears, but the documents/notes do not appear anyway.
I don't know if you are removing this on purpose, but it is a very simple fix. You missed out the line:
    loadMenu { "ui/clipboard.menu" }
So when a document/note is selected in-game, the game doesn't know what to do as it has not loaded any UI for it, this line will load the UI.
There is only one thing I have not tested with this fix, and that is with other players online. I don't know if when one player selects the document/note, all the other players will also have the note in front of them, and cannot move.
Here is a link to the download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ork45dghlal1hma

--

I have also found a couple bugs with g_limbotime:
- When g_limbotime is 0 the server will crash.
- When g_limbotime is 50 or anything less than 50 (including any minus values), you will never respawn once killed.

Maybe you should try and make g_limbotime value set as seconds.
Any decimal values should be ignored, the default value should be set.

And one other bug in Escape1 (i found this a while back, just forgot to mention):
- In flagzone mode the flag up by where the snipers are ('Upper bunker'), players capture it, and still spawn at previous flag (first flag caught).

your clipboard fix is in the svn, thanks !

I fixed all the g_limbotime issues

about the flagzonemode in escape1, I cannot reproduce this, can you make a demo of this and send it to me ?

thanks a lot

can you fix a bug which you can see other player holding a rilfe with 1 hand while crouching?

badboy_zay wrote:

can you fix a bug which you can see other player holding a rilfe with 1 hand while crouching?

its probably fixable, I need to dive in the player animation scripts for this, I'll see what I can do !

A MP script may be reusable for it I think. smile

nate wrote:

A MP script may be reusable for it I think. smile

the scripts are already for 90% from mp iirc, as we use the mp player models

TtaN655 wrote:

-> Server score/XP-Save for when a player comes back, they will still have their score/XP, configurable by server admins.
   If players can keep they're scores, they are sure to keep playing, seeing how high they can get their score to.

nate wrote:

As far XP like ET type system, I fear this is near to impossible. Problem is that there's no way to track users..et uses guids to track users, guids as you know are assigned by authorization process that gives guid to new users .. basically the same as serial keys in rtcw..problem is, nothing else but a serial key alike process is solid for tracking in a way it can't be spoofed by conventional methods. Kinda beats the purpose of having XP alike system if random user can spoof your ID and takes over your points and continues from there on...same problem is tied to banning ..as at this point it will have to relay on IP's and that's kinda..well lame but currently the only way.

I just had a good idea on how to implement this. Looking at some of the server-side mods of Enemy Territory, there is a mod that is called ETrun. It is a bit like "Trick Jump" (i'm sure you've heard of that before), accept a bit more... brutal, with faster corners and more speed, and you are on a timer to get the best time possible. (video). Most of the servers record your time if you are "logged in". What I mean by this is, you have an account on the modification's website, and the server mod is linked to the account on the modification's website (in this case it would be trak.be). The account could be a general forum account.
This probably sounds a little confusing, so let me write it a bit more clearer:
- A player registered on this forum.
- The player connects to a server.
- The player logs in with a command like "/xplogin [username] [password]".
- The information is sent to this forum, and if the login information is correct, it sends the XP back to that player.

I know this might be a bit hard to implement, but at least it's a way to implement some kind of XPsave system. I guess each server will need to be identified by something (maybe by the server IP, or by a small file that holds an ID for the server) to stop a player having the same XP for each server he/she visits.

are you guys talking about XP aka "the higher my xp the more powerfull I am" ?
If you are talking about this, I'm very sorry but I'm not going to implement something like this in rtcwcoop. It spoils the fun for new players.

If its just a number (to show how long you play and how good you are) then yes I might implement this

fretn wrote:

are you guys talking about XP aka "the higher my xp the more powerfull I am" ?
If you are talking about this, I'm very sorry but I'm not going to implement something like this in rtcwcoop. It spoils the fun for new players.

If its just a number (to show how long you play and how good you are) then yes I might implement this

It doesn't have to be XPsave that lasts forever. It could be that a player goes offline, and if they are not online within a day, or an hour, or something, their XP is automatically deleted. It's a good idea as sometimes servers do crash, or you get disconnected for whatever reason, you loose your score you might have worked so hard on.

67 (edited by nate 2012-11-06 01:31:38)

For that we don't need an authenticate process, only a valid and efficient way to track users and I can implement database support into engine. Then it would simply store users in database on any server that has it set as well as run stats or whatever would any mod added in.

New in 0.9.2:
Anims and sound for handgrenades missing.
In some maps (i.e. escape2) there is a massive explosion effect at map start, out of nowhere.
I crypt2 sometimes the known bug with the door not open still happen.

Two funny bugs.

One of the half naked girls have a MP40 now.

And there is a evil B.J. out for killing you. :-D

Post's attachments

shot0011.jpg
shot0011.jpg 135.43 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-11-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

70 (edited by cybdmn 2012-11-10 19:02:48)

Evil B.J.

Post's attachments

shot0012.jpg
shot0012.jpg 213.15 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-11-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Resolution bug. I cant change it to 1650x1080

h2o wrote:

Resolution bug. I cant change it to 1650x1080

does your screen support it ?

cybdmn wrote:

New in 0.9.2:
Anims and sound for handgrenades missing.

strange this just happened to me too, and when I tried to redo it, it all worked flawlessly...

I want to post something positive now. Stability is increased massive. My server is now running since approximately 30 hours without crashing. Thank you. \o/

cybdmn wrote:

I want to post something positive now. Stability is increased massive. My server is now running since approximately 30 hours without crashing. Thank you. \o/

ah great news smile

I hope I can find a the reason for the disconnects for next release
and the score reset after a switch to the next map