Topic: How to make a server joinable?

Hi, this question is probably asked allot, but how do i make a server joinable? I don't want it as a public server were anybody can join. I just want so my friend can join. I would just play in a public server, but there are only ones with hard difficulty on.
I would appreciate your help, so can you just lay down the steps for me? Thanks. smile

Re: How to make a server joinable?

I'm not sure if there's dedicated 1 (lan) option (memory holes) but if it is, you can set it as lan server and simply give IP to your friends so server is not visible on master list. Other two options are; Changing master server address as variable is open for writing but I wouldn't recommend it and one I would recommend is passworded server - in that case server is visible on master list but no one without a password can join.

Again if my memory serves me right you set password with g_needpass 1 and g_password "password".

don't forget to forward 27960 udp in your firewall/router to your local lan IP (in case you are not directly connected to the internet)

4 (edited by mrminiroberts 2014-02-04 15:16:29)

The same thing hapaned as last time, my friend tried to join the server but he couldn't. what about forwarding the ports do i have to do it on router and firewall? Cause i don't really know how to do it i looked up tutorials but still dont get it. The router model is TP-LINK TL-SF1008D

TL-SF1008D is a switch not a router, there shouldn't be any port forwarding issues there. You have to open the ports on your router if you have any.

In case if your switch actually has port settings which is rare for low level switches then simply go into port forwarding and set Port 27960 and UDP to allow/enabled, as well as just to avoid any problems add 27961 so you're sure and that's about it.

Run the server normally and see if it's visible on master list, if it is, you should have more or less stuff set.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding ill try and see if it works

I don't have a router what to do?

I'll have time all day today so if you wish add me on skype- nate.afk@gmail.com and we can try and address this over team viewer. smile

Naah its ok i don't even want to play anymore... Ill just buy xbox version and play splitscreen. Thanks for your effort and have a nice day! smile

thats bad !

mrminiroberts wrote:

Naah its ok i don't even want to play anymore... Ill just buy xbox version and play splitscreen....

http://nimga.com/m/q5y85.png
yikes yikes yikes

C'mon, you can just ask somebody to host server in europe.

imrussian wrote:

C'mon, you can just ask somebody to host server in europe.

Very true, Schnoog, the owner of Splatterladder and Wolffiles, has offered 3 free servers for RtCW COOP. We have one and there are still 2 more available, all anyone who is interested has to do is ask him.

I don't need a server anymore...

15 (edited by N3rwitZ 2014-02-09 21:13:39)

What really is happening here? Is this some sort of a "troll thread" (no offense, by the way!)

Hahahha. That picture, Gangsta. big_smile

Best regards,
Von Bootz

nope i am done case closed, thats it