Topic: Known Bugs : version 1.0.0

-setting pmove_fixed to 1 makes the game crash
-ghost on End map only damage first client, but darkens all. Heinrich will shoot now if atleast one player is in sight. He used to shoot nonstop. All players receive ghost, not just the one who is in sight.
- the game forgets the players score after some levels
- when you loose all of your lives, you don't follow the living clients, you just lay dead on the ground
- ai aiming time is just too short, its not realistic
- server browser: internet1, what is it ?
- g_dowarmup 1 crashes the game (fixed for next release)

feature requests:

- need a popular laptop-resolution: 1366*768
- coop camera, for example in the upper right corner right below the teamoverlay, so you can see what your teammates are doing

Re: Known Bugs : version 1.0.0

Added one. smile

updated

Internet1... New engine supports using/querying up to 5 seperate master servers. Internet1 would be the first (default is master.rtcwcoop.com) which is the only one available right now.

Users can use r_mode -2 for native/desktop/"automatic" resolution (including "laptop" ones)

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

Internet1... New engine supports using/querying up to 5 seperate master servers. Internet1 would be the first (default is master.rtcwcoop.com) which is the only one available right now.

Users can use r_mode -2 for native/desktop/"automatic" resolution (including "laptop" ones)

maybe r_mode -2 should be default then ?

Internet1 : maybe we should rename this to the master server it queries ?

r_mode -2 shouldn't be default... the system menu already has option for "Automatic" which sets it to -2

Those names like Internet1 are hardcoded. If anything we can maybe drop the "1" on the first one and it will match vanilla. Any subsequent ones can keep the number.

Since we now have gamepad support (as far as I read in the 'new cmds' readme), right?, it might be an impossible thing but local split-screen would be out-fin-standing. (as in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANSA1nTY1I8)

"- the game forgets the players score after some levels"

After moving to level 2, during the "warm-up" phase the game displayed the correct stats I had exited the last level with (health, ammo, score, etc.) But as soon as the warm-up ended, it reset me to 100 health, 0 score, and default weapons. I don't know if that's related to this issue or something else entirely.

Bugs in 1.01:
I made a server and played together with my brother, starting with 15 lives, finishing with 9 for me and 12 for him. After finishing the first map, the game started to load the next one. I have a Venom mod installed, so my computer loaded it later than my brother's computer, so he could join the next map earlier than me. The problem is that if the host (me) joins later than an other player, he gets the starting number of lives (so I got 15 instead of my 9, which is not fair). Then my brother made a server, and everything worked fine, so I think it is the explanation of the bug.

Next one: the great zombie monster in boss1 doesn't appear. I can see only some weird "sticks" in every kind of colours.

And lastly, in some cases I meet enemies which shouldn't be dead lying on the ground, and if I want to walk through them, their corpses throw me to the air (like when we jump). Some times, the bodies are not there, but the jump problem still exists. What's more, if i shoot them, blood comes out from their bodies. If I throw a grenade to these 'jumping places", they disappear.

Oh, I nearly forget about the score problem. If i have too many points (above 35000), the points on the screen goes to negative, but in the score table (which is shown when we die) there aren't any problems with them.

Another bugs:
In the maps chateau (first flag) and castle (starting position) the spawning points are not placed correctly, you can get stuck in the wall sometimes and you can't move after respawning.
On nightmare, boss2 if you killed your enemies many times, the proto soldiers spawns lying on the floor with their upper body facing to the player (and they don't shoot). On the same map there is a flammerthrover guy with a wrong spawning point, he spawns with body parts in the wall, so he can't shoot.
If you play a Battle, even if you change "friendly fire on" (without health penalty), in the game there is a health penalty for shooting other players.

BSmith wrote:

If you play a Battle, even if you change "friendly fire on" (without health penalty), in the game there is a health penalty for shooting other players.

you mean that someone finally played the battle gametype ? big_smile

fretn wrote:
BSmith wrote:

you mean that someone finally played the battle gametype ? big_smile

Nice. I don't even remember how the gametype works. big_smile

BSmith wrote:

Another bugs:
In the maps chateau (first flag) and castle (starting position) the spawning points are not placed correctly, you can get stuck in the wall sometimes and you can't move after respawning.
On nightmare, boss2 if you killed your enemies many times, the proto soldiers spawns lying on the floor with their upper body facing to the player (and they don't shoot). On the same map there is a flammerthrover guy with a wrong spawning point, he spawns with body parts in the wall, so he can't shoot.

I fixed the Chateau and Castle. Could not really reproduce the Boss2 (well once barely the proto respawned inside the wall). Could not find any flamer guy inside wall. But I think it is simply because the place is stacked and when they respawn, there is no space so they get pushed inside the wall. Thanks for reporting!