1 (edited by Heineken 2012-12-18 07:44:14)

Topic: *Help* I can't start RtCW Coop ''^3menu file not found''

Hola,
I installed RtCW and I executed the program. The console starts up, and the screen goes black as it begins. However it quickly exits back to the desktop and a message pops up:

"recursive error after:^3menu file not found:ui/ingame.txt, using default. Copy console log to clipboard?"

I've looked around on here to see if this has happened to anyone else and have not found anything.

An in-game gold bar to whatever kind gentleman helps me on my path to Coop enlightenment.

*Edit* I just tried to initiate RtCW SP to see if the same issue happened. The console begins to run and the screen turns grey, but does not start. I have to press the desktop button to get out, and I look at the console and it says the exact same thing it did with Coop: "^3menu file not found".

Re: *Help* I can't start RtCW Coop ''^3menu file not found''

Can you show me a screenshot of your rtcwcoop folder and a screenshot of the main folder inside this rtcwcoop folder ?

Hi
I get that same error when i dl coop but there is readme. file at your coop folder and there is help for your problem.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Coop

* Installation:

- Copy all your rtcw pk3 files (mp_*.pk3, sp_*.pk3 and pak0.pk3) inside the main folder of this archive.
- Above is important, don't mix this with your current rtcw installation. You have to play this game as a complete new game.
- Double click rtcwcoop.exe and the game will start.
- Click the 'cooperative game' menu item to create a game or to connect to an existing game.
- You can open the console by pressing shift-escape.
- The source code for this project can be found at: http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/

- The latest documentation can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/w/list

- Join our forum on http://forum.rtcwcoop.com/

When i copy all rtcw pk3 files (mp_*.pk3, sp_*.pk3 and pak0.pk3) its start work

4 (edited by Heineken 2012-12-19 12:46:35)

Here ya go.

Post's attachments

Untitled.png
Untitled.png 242.68 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

It sounds you have structure messed up. Try deleting wolfconfig.cfg out of wolfCOOP\main folder as well as in documents folder as it seems it's looking for stuff at wrong places.

Also, what's sp_pak4.pk4 suppose to be? Afaik default goes up to 3 - are you using special edition version or something?

Alternatively, you can try with repeating install process with coop. In that case do it correctly that's;

1st: Delete wolfCOOP in your documents folder as well as game it self (wherever you placed it).
2nd: Download the game once more.
3rd: Extract the game and instead of dumping whole rtcw folder in just copy/paste what's suppose to be in and that's:

pak0.pk3

sp_pak1.pk3
sp_pak2.pk3
sp_pak3.pk3

mp_pak0.pk3
mp_pak1.pk3
mp_pak2.pk3
mp_pak3.pk3
mp_pak4.pk3

That's all so ignore the rest of the packs and files.
As a side note, make sure you copy packs listed above inside your COOP\main folder. Then run the game and see how it goes..

GL!

nate wrote:

It sounds you have structure messed up. Try deleting wolfconfig.cfg out of wolfCOOP\main folder as well as in documents folder as it seems it's looking for stuff at wrong places.

Also, what's sp_pak4.pk4 suppose to be? Afaik default goes up to 3 - are you using special edition version or something?

Alternatively, you can try with repeating install process with coop. In that case do it correctly that's;

1st: Delete wolfCOOP in your documents folder as well as game it self (wherever you placed it).
2nd: Download the game once more.
3rd: Extract the game and instead of dumping whole rtcw folder in just copy/paste what's suppose to be in and that's:

pak0.pk3

sp_pak1.pk3
sp_pak2.pk3
sp_pak3.pk3

mp_pak0.pk3
mp_pak1.pk3
mp_pak2.pk3
mp_pak3.pk3
mp_pak4.pk3

That's all so ignore the rest of the packs and files.
As a side note, make sure you copy packs listed above inside your COOP\main folder. Then run the game and see how it goes..

GL!

No he has the correct number of pk3 files, the GOTY edition contains all these files, I always have used the GOTY pk3 files to develop this game.

sp_pak4.pk3 contains fixes for several maps (crypt1, dam, end, escape1 and forest)

Also wolfconfig.cfg is ignored, rtcwcoop uses only wolfconfig.coop.cfg unless autoexec.coop.cfg references this file

The folder you're looking for in the documents folder is named "RtcwCOOP" not "wolfcoop" (just to be clear)

So I suggest you do as nate said, reinstall with into a new clean directory and make sure it has no cfg files in its main folder, also clean the c:\users\heineken\documents\rtcwcoop folder

One of this days I'll have to sort all the cfg's since most of time I just write from memory in which there's tons of unreferenced files and projects neutral

But yeah, procedure is legit just stick with right names - that fretn mention.

This problem happened to me today for the first time when trying to connect on a private server:

^3menu file not found: ui/ingame.txt, using default
ERROR: ^1default menu file not found: ui/menus.txt, unable to continue!

this sounds like the server has custom files not included in a standard installation (mine was a temporary fresh new copy of rtcwcoop 1.0.1 including required original game packages).

Heimdall wrote:

.............this sounds like the server has custom files not included in a standard installation.....

Yep, that sounds about right, Heimdall. Our server too uses custom .pk3 files, which I don't think can be downloaded when you join the server. Custom maps can be downloaded directly, we tested that the other night.

10 (edited by Jouhan 2015-07-04 02:33:51)

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

Yep, that sounds about right, Heimdall. Our server too uses custom .pk3 files, which I don't think can be downloaded when you join the server. Custom maps can be downloaded directly, we tested that the other night.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3i5briDPT1r0l5qbo1_1280.gif

..be calm Bro. lol

---The Challenger---

Jouhan wrote:

..be calm Bro. lol

http://i.imgur.com/f3oLEOO.png
smile smile smile