1 (edited by HellGeist 2020-07-03 18:51:19)

Topic: Cannot Select Map to Host Server

Hello all,

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore. I've tried for long time, but I can't select a map when it comes to hosting a server.

I believed I installed the mod correctly: I copied and pasted the coop files to the root of my Steam copy of RtCW (where Main is).

I can join games, but I can't host, because the maps are all gone.

Great mod, but I'd really like to host my own server online to add to this small but unique community.

If nothing else, I'd like to host because the current servers have too high a ping for me.

What am I doing wrong? I've port forwarded as well, and tried fresh installs of the game.

Is this an issue with the Steam version or something?

Thank you for any help!

Edit: I'm trying to use the latest release found on Mod DB: RtCWCoop - v.1.0.2 Win-x64 (2020).

Re: Cannot Select Map to Host Server

HellGeist wrote:

Hello all,

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore. I've tried for long time, but I can't select a map when it comes to hosting a server.

I believed I installed the mod correctly: I copied and pasted the coop files to the root of my Steam copy of RtCW (where Main is).

I can join games, but I can't host, because the maps are all gone.

Great mod, but I'd really like to host my own server online to add to this small but unique community.

If nothing else, I'd like to host because the current servers have too high a ping for me.

What am I doing wrong? I've port forwarded as well, and tried fresh installs of the game.

Is this an issue with the Steam version or something?

Thank you for any help!

Edit: I'm trying to use the latest release found on Mod DB: RtCWCoop - v.1.0.2 Win-x64 (2020).

Why make server / host ? You can play on Midu servers

1) Active Admins
2) all rtcw coop maps
3) 2 servers

Midu RTCW COOP
Server Admin

Re: Cannot Select Map to Host Server

Ok, I don't know if you still out there but i kinda figured out how to fix this. The problem seems to be that the file posted on this page doesn't work, but the one uploaded on GitHub works just fine. I'm using the x64 version and it allows me to select maps, while the one on this page doesn't. Hope it helped!