Topic: Is it possible to change AI firing accuracy in the new version?

As the title says, but if it's not possible, I remember someone telling me I can do the change if I use the source code or something....can anyone confirm?

Re: Is it possible to change AI firing accuracy in the new version?

it's possible by editing the ai files, they are located in sp_pak_coop1.pk3 in the folder maps/

each map has its own file, example: escape1.coop.ai in that file search for aim_accuracy, you'll have to change it for each AI and then save the file and create a new pk3 file

No no I know I can change the accuracy there, but that doesn't change much since the AI accuracy in RTCW coop is inherently much higher than in the base game

What I meant is can I lower the AI accuracy to the point that it's the exact same accuracy in the original game?

As I said I remember asking you about that years ago and you told me I need the source code for RTCW Coop in order to make the AI as inaccurate as it was in the original game

I did try changing those from 0.6 to like 0.01 but the soldiers remained super accurate with their shots

Now that I think about it, what even is the point of those values being there if the game will always overwrite them anyway?

Developer purposes maybe, it surely isn't there for decoration. big_smile

Best regards,
Von Bootz