1 (edited by hirko 2013-01-18 00:22:08)

Topic: Some new ideas

The only troublesome thing in cooperative gameplay is the need to share found items with your friends... items assigned for one person. Yes, sometimes additional ammo is deployed, but when you play with more than three players, some of them (especially with higher ping ;p) must be satisfied with starting equipment.
How about that: If the one person picks up the gun or ammo, other players received content of this item too. Example, in the Forest Compound would be several snooper rifles, what a power. big_smile
I don't know whether that solution is code complicated, but always is worth to suggest some idea.

Re: Some new ideas

+1 esp on ammo. Slower players tend to run out of ammo, when the fast picks all. Not fun. Asking for ammo is no full solution.

fyi: you can drop ammo, or is this not enough ?

Yes, but sometimes it's only one weapon on the map, then same ammo is useless...

so for example there is a map where you can pickup one panzerfaust, you want it that all the players have a panzerfaust when it is picked up ?

Yes, exactly. Perhaps on Nightmare level will be lot of MP40, but other guns will be in a sufficient quantity smile

I'm afraid that the players will be overpowered then, not sure, I'll think about it, and maybe I make it as an option

hirko wrote:

Yes, but sometimes it's only one weapon on the map, then same ammo is useless...

I know what you're saying here, Hirko. An example is the "Secret Weapons Facility" map where the venom gun is introduced. There are 3 or 4 of them available, but if some rambo is on your server this type of clown usually grabs them all for himself rendering any venom ammo boxes useless for other players.

The solution for this, as far as I'm concerned, lies with the server Admins. RTCW COOP is a team-based game, the clue is in the name, it's all about co-operation between players. When we encounter a player like this we warn him about his attitude, if he fails to heed the warnings he is then kicked from the server and the particular map is restarted.

To give all players a particular weapon when one player picks that weapon up would be far too much fire-power for the Allied Squad. Also, in RTCW, when you pick up a new weapon for the first time, it automatically becomes your primary weapon, replacing the weapon you were using just before you picked it up. A few of your team could be fighting against the Axis forces while you find a new weapon, you pick it up, they too would pick it up right in the middle of this battle and that would cause havoc for them.

There's a selfish, greedy player on your server who just won't listen? Ban him, restart the map, problem solved.

Yes I know that ammo clips can be dropped. Not enough imho. Don't want to be constantly praying for others to spare some ammo for me too.