1 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-03 20:10:58)

Topic: Off-Topic: RtCW SP part crashes upon start

So, before hours I have tried to play the SP part of the game (Not the Co-Op mod, I'm talking about the original game) and when I start the game - it crashes immediately upon start.

I have played it before two days and everything was working fine, but today something has screwed the game and I don't know what...

The strange thing is that the MP part is working normally, but the SP is not.

I have removed the Co-Op, because I guessed that the problem comes from it and then re-installed the game, but nothing has changed.

So, my problem is that I don't know what cause this, because there's no error log or something like this in the game's folder.

Did anyone know how I can understand what causes this problem?

Best regards,
Von Bootz

Re: Off-Topic: RtCW SP part crashes upon start

They should not interract, as long as you install them in totally different locations. Like you should.

you probably mixed up the installation folders, (which is stated in the readme that you should not do this), check your rtcw main folder if it contains an sp_coop_pak1.pk3 file, if it does, delete it, also delete your rtcwcoop config files

4 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-04 01:17:55)

Nope, I have not "mixed" nothing.

The original game is in different folder and the files for the Co-Op mod are in different folder.

I have tried almost everything from re-installing the game to cleaning leftover files, the registry, tried to update again DirectX, OpenGL, tried to start the game as Administrator, but nothing from that helps...

I'm using Windows 7 (x86), but I don't think that the problem comes from the OS, because I have played the game (the SP part) before days (2-3 days) and everything was working normally as it's meant to be.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

It's drivers issue. Various options rly..few I recall;

- Roll back to 10.04 catalyst version
- Try with renaming rtcwSP to quake3

Gl tho

6 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-04 20:15:57)

Yep, nate, you were right.

I have roll back the drivers for my video card to 12.4 (not 10.04, because they are too old) and the game is working normally again. smile

Best regards,
Von Bootz

10.04 was the last version confirmed to work for all, anything above is a lotto but if it works out for you, great.

In any case, glad you solve it. smile

Hehh, another problem, but this time with the Co-Op mod.

The problem is that when I start the mod my screen goes black and the only one way to close the game is to restart my machine.

I have leave the game working for around 10-15 minutes, but nothing. It keeps black all the time.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

are you sure can't open the console (without seeing it ?)

press the control-escape keycombination
and then type /quit and press enter, so see if it quits the game

I have fixed the problem with Sage's help.

I think that everything was coming from the high resolution.

Best regards,
Von Bootz