Topic: Tesla & Venom gun bugs!

Hi Friends! 2 bugs got my attention and I couldnt find the fix at the revision list. These are;

*Tesla Gun doesnt make any damage to enemies(This is already reported in Titan655 Bugs & features list).
*Venom dont smash the bodies when you fire persistently as original campaign.

Can you please confirm these bugs are fixed already?

Re: Tesla & Venom gun bugs!

these are known bugs but will not be fixed for next release

The tesla bug is a very complex one to fix.
And about the venom gun bug, I never came around fixing it. I actually am not sure how it works in orignal SP, the bodies explode if you kill with venom ?

3 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 10:59:20)

Yes Fretn! It explodes small bodies such as soldiers. If you fire to them at close as non-stop you can smash the bodies. But it will not work on huge bodies. But this is very nice detail of venom gun. If we return this feature to life as original one, it should be better. Do you have any idea?

Fretn? I am making some test play for Tesla gun and I can confirm that It is working. But depending on some characters. May be on some maps. I will give you what enemies and maps we have problems with Tesla. I will brb. smile

Dont waste your time figuring out whats wrong with the tesla, its huge and very complex to fix, and its linked with the flamezombies not working

set@mon wrote:

Yes Fretn! It explodes small bodies such as soldiers. If you fire to them at close as non-stop you can smash the bodies. But it will not work on huge bodies. But this is very nice detail of venom gun. If we return this feature to life as original one, it should be better. Do you have any idea?

Maybe I'll try to fix this for next release, but I don't promise anything

7 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 12:25:56)

Yes, My fast test run finished and composed the results for Tesla gun at below;

I runned the test starting from Paderborn Village to End Map of Heinrich. Here I attached some screenshots which shows the characters that the Tesla doesnt work on them.

*Civilians
*Super Soldiers
*The women who wears the dark cape at last mission.

Hope you will fix then!

Post's attachments

Tesla-Bugs.jpg
Tesla-Bugs.jpg 1005.64 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

thats normal behaviour, the tesla doesnt work on PROTOSOLDIER, SUPERSOLDIER, LOPER, STIMSOLDIER1 and STIMSOLDIER3

tesla is disabled in battle gametype.

The more people that are watching you using the tesla, the more damage it does (this is the big bug)

9 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 13:14:47)

Ahh! If It is ok no problem then! Tesla seems ok at the moment. Also the animations are ok when enemies are dying. Making dance and die! big_smile But for venom , please try to make some study on it to smash bodies. tongue

I don't recall venom gibbing bodies at any time, I do recall (briefly) that venom could kill-gib some enemies on spot but dunno if it was tied to all characters. It's been years since I actually played original SP so could be wrong, but there's a comment in code about gibbing with venom.

Can someone confirm what's the actual expected behaviour of venom...as gib who, where and when?

Hi Nate! You are right. It doesnt effect whole characters. The venom smashes the soldiers, doctors, shortly humans in a close range with a non-stop firing. It cant effect the big enemies such as super soldiers etc. But i can clearly know the venom explodes bodies of humans. So I am stepping on this situation.

Venom gibs bodies and alive. It affects all AI casts, except bosses, protos and such. It's basicly same as panzerfaust but with rocket replaced with bullets (lots of tongue )

We remember It gibs! So we have a reason to fix it Fretn! Go for it bro! wink It is excellent detail when using Venom and gibbing enemies while playing coop. tongue

14 (edited by nate 2013-02-22 18:03:30)

It's not a problem (relatively speaking) to gib stuff, it's a problem to figure out what should be gibbed on spot, what on floor (dead) and what not, that is if we want to mimic original behaviour.

I think I'll have to load default SP and start with swf map, that one has pretty much all the angles covered and see how it behaves. I'll keep an eye on key points you mentioned. smile

it has something to do with the venom bullets doing lots of damage, so the player health goes below GIB_HEALTH, I think smile

May be Fretn! You can do it buddy!