Topic: Coop Campaign

Alright Guys, there we go.

Fretn and I decided it would be cool to have a Map (and later much more than just one Map!) that would need at least two players to be solved. I created this topic to gather Ideas of people so write what you've in mind. (From time to time I gotta post screenshots of the Stage I'm currently working on.) Your ideas may be regarding:

- Story of a Campaign

Though I like the idea of an ultra hyper unbelieveable strong warlord, I'd like not to have a "Heinrich Returns" Series of ideas.
Mostly, I thought of maybe on of the Uber Soldiers escaped the XLABS and seeks revenge to the Agents which is why they were captured or something. Well, its up to you. (Even if I still have an Idea of how the first map will be!;D)

- Ideas for scens that require more then one Player.

Such as doors which need to be opened by pressing two switches in less then 5 seconds from each other or so..

- Ideas for buildings, places, landscapes...

Re: Coop Campaign

Just a side note - don't do maps where at least two have to play, as even if there are two there's no assurance that both will know what to do. Try to come with an option where having 2 makes it easier to finish it...etc a lot of bots coming from all sides while one has to hold a trigger for etc 5-10 seconds..during trigger bots get alerted and attack like mad.

Set some higher ground so another player can be there and provide cover while first player is pushing the trigger. That way map is still finish-able in solo but makes it easier to have another player to help.

My 2 cents. smile

I like the idea of having to have two players to complete a map. One player and another player having to pull two leavers at once to open a door is what I thought of when I saw this.
I like to think of the X-labs as a huge complex, and Blaskowitz only infiltrated a small section of it, 'Death's Head's section'. So maybe you could include an X-labs map, showing a different, bigger section of the complex, a bit like in the Single-Player add-on Time Gate.

having to stand on top of eachother to reach a certain trigger would be cool too

I am not looking forward to this, this optimistic. I remember Hal Life: Decay, where you have certain sections, you can not finish alone. It is dead now, because nobody play it, and in solo player it is not usable.

Alright Guys, due the fact someone else thought about the X-Labs map I think the first lev. shall be about the Agents got to see a Satellite Picture or something which has shown traces of a Tank or something at the Entrance of the X-Labs which is why they return and find a secret entrance to another level while discovering the destroyed complex.

Opinions?

Ideas alone won't help. The mapping scene for the game is pretty small there days.

Instead of trying to demotivate the guys you shall do the oppsite.
I'm on it.

Don't get me wrong, i would love to see new maps. But i am not very optimistic, that this will ever happen.

So there it goes.

The players + kesler will start off in a ancient house somewhere in the ice, preparing theirselves for their travel to an so far unknown entrance of the X-labs which was found by a satellite scanning the area. They'll have to travel a large distance for this, I'll post some screens of the first scenes in the evening.

Satellites wasn't very often used back in the days of the WWII. :-D

12 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-19 17:12:56)

Hi Guys, If a story necessary for a new coop campaign, I can offer you to continue the original game campaign. I mean after the dead of Heinrich, our hero(s) return to their regular job at their own country and live a normal life for a short time until a secret mission appears to them again. Yes, the paranormal activities never ended and continues at the castle wolfenstein territory to get revenge. Getting bigger and bigger everyday. The hero's have to be hurry to prevent this nightmare before unstoppable. Our hero(s) can be send to there again by army to terminate the source of this nightmare forever. This time we will meet with zombies in scaring places most of time. What do you think?

Nice idea, set@mon.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

wink