Topic: 0.9.4 map bugs

Hey.

I am putting up this thread to ease up my bug fixing. So many things changed since last version. So any new map related issues here please. I start.

-Check Village and forest maps godlike Ai's. Stealth not fun?

2 (edited by set@mon 2013-03-07 14:30:39)

Re: 0.9.4 map bugs

Hi Sage! I have found some free time to test maps for bugs to see what is there and I played from escape1 to catacomb! I only see that MG-42 automatic machine cant hurt anybody. First in escape2 I see that we cant hurt anybody at bridge. After I remembered that same machine gun is at village 1 map and want to try it. I see the same problem. You cant kill anybody. At the moment I only face with this problem of MG-42. I know you can fix it! Here is the screenshots. Take care...

Post's attachments

shot0000.jpg
shot0000.jpg 98.74 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks. The error is in the code, so I am not able to fix it. But we should trust fretn on this.

Thanks for reply Sage! But Rtcwcoop 0.9.3 was ok about it. Something is wrong in this release sad Of course we trust Fretn. I hope he can fix it.

I think it is something that left unnoticed with the friendly fire code changes.

Yeah it is possible!

We don't have this MG-42 problem on our server, they work the way they should and kill the Axis troops. The only thing we noticed about the MG-42 is that it seems very heavy to maneuver when compared to the original RTCW single-player.

{SSF}Sage wrote:

I think it is something that left unnoticed with the friendly fire code changes.

yes I'm afraid so, I did some quick tests and it seems to be broken

I was wrong about the MG-42 problem, Fretn. We do have the same thing happening that Set@mon mentioned, sorry for my error.

We have a different bug to report though, in Boss1, the monster never appears for us, no zombies either:

http://i.imgur.com/jMHdw1i.jpg

We've played it a few times now but always with the same results, the map never has any enemies to fight.

Thanks for reporting! I looked at the script. I'm pretty sure it's the same accum bug that happens in tram and city (and potentially many other maps). If that is the case, which it is very likely, the issue has already been fixed for the next release.  This should not happen when you play alone.

{SSF}Sage wrote:

.....................This should not happen when you play alone.

No, you're quite right, Sage. I played "Tram" on my own and the tram came up to the station straight away. That's great that you guys have worked out what the problem is so quickly.

{SSF}Sage wrote:

Thanks for reporting! I looked at the script. I'm pretty sure it's the same accum bug that happens in tram and city (and potentially many other maps). If that is the case, which it is very likely, the issue has already been fixed for the next release.  This should not happen when you play alone.

I can confirm that if you play alone, tram and boss1 has no problem. Well! we have to find bugs fast and need an emergency release! Because 0.9.4 is not very well playable with these bugs as coop if we match against 0.9.3.

13 (edited by -SSF-Sage 2013-03-12 11:54:37)

Yes. We should be shipping a release with most major bugs fixed quite soon. Things like vote, voice menu, accum bugs and few others.

I think this bug has existed since day one, since it is actually a feature in sp code. Things work differently. Now that most of the real things has been fixed and got fairly stable it got noticed.

edit. the accum bug is fixed in the svn already.

set@mon wrote:

.................0.9.4 is not very well playable with these bugs as coop if we match against 0.9.3.

I can't agree with that, Set@mon. The 0.9.4 release blows the 0.9.3 release out of the water. There's very few bugs now, the AI work much better, the action is much better too. Yes, there's still 2 or 3 bugs, but thinking back to to version 0.9.3 these are a "drop in the ocean" by comparison.

Village2 and forest has been fixed. Now possible stealth again.

16 (edited by set@mon 2013-03-15 16:50:52)

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
set@mon wrote:

.................0.9.4 is not very well playable with these bugs as coop if we match against 0.9.3.

I can't agree with that, Set@mon. The 0.9.4 release blows the 0.9.3 release out of the water. There's very few bugs now, the AI work much better, the action is much better too. Yes, there's still 2 or 3 bugs, but thinking back to to version 0.9.3 these are a "drop in the ocean" by comparison.

Ops! Of course I didnt mean that 0.9.3. is better than 0.9.4. but I mean bugs what I have noticed! If we match with 0.9.3. these bugs are not there! I mean that Gangsta! smile Surely 0.9.4. is better...