Re: Possible CO-OP logo

It looks great, N3rwitZ. I like the "latest download" feature too.

sorry for being a picky guy, but I don't think the rtcwcoop main screen suits as a homepage.

disclaimer: I have been working in webdesign companies for +- 5 years together with skilled graphical designers and my standards are very high, thats the reason why I didn't even attempt to design a homepage, if I don't like something its nothing personal I just say what I think.

I really hope I don't offend anyone with this as I very appreciate people trying stuff for the homepage

28 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 14:27:51)

Hi Fretn! I made a little study for the website home page. What do you think about it?

Post's attachments

Rtcwcoop.jpg
Rtcwcoop.jpg 566.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

its pretty okay, except for the fonts in the buttons, this is awful and non rtcw, but I do like the background and the rtcw logo/text on the top

and the layout of the buttons is also very wel done

where does the background come from ?

The logos are really nice, so is the background! But maybe try the wolf font on the buttons. wink

31 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 15:40:35)

I try to find most suitable background from google and found it from "http://www.resimcim.net/resim-arama/?q=return+to+castle" It is a Turkish website. Some good pictures for Rtcw there. I liked Heinrich and done it with photoshop fastly. This one is only a sample and an idea. If you like it can be improve later.

32 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-22 15:51:36)

It is possible Sage. here you are!

Post's attachments

Rtcwcoop-2.jpg
Rtcwcoop-2.jpg 555.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

33 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-23 12:09:46)

@set@mon, As fretn and Sage has said, try to use the original Wolfenstein font, so it can look more Wolfenstein-ish.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

I dont know exactly which font is it? I am searching...

35 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-23 13:03:36)

You can download the RtCW font from here.

It was uploaded too somewhere on the Google Code Project Page of the mod, but I can't find it now and that's why I'm giving you another link.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

Font is here: http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/sour … S%20Addons smile

37 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-25 15:15:53)

Thanks guys I found it and done the fixes. Here take a look. smile If ok I will add some animations to background. smile

Post's attachments

rtcwcoop2 copy.jpg
rtcwcoop2 copy.jpg 600.95 kb, 3 downloads since 2013-02-24 

Very nice, Set@mon, very nice indeed cool .

Thanks Gangsta! I almost finished the first demo page of it. Added animated fog-clouds, Background music "Original Undead Track" with start-stop buttons, Animated eye glow of Heinrich etc... I will try to embed the website here if possible or I will upload anywhere and let the link for a test for you! Take care...;)

Keep in mind that if you want me to consider using your layout that it cannot contain images or other media that are copyrighted by somebody else, for example that background (which I really like, but we need permission from the original author)

41 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-26 14:41:14)

Of course If anything will be issued, it must have the necessary rights. Dont worry! I will keep in touch for the background author. The author is Activision. I am trying to contact with them to ask for rights.

42 (edited by {WeB}*GANG$TA* 2013-02-26 18:08:05)

set@mon wrote:

Thanks Gangsta! I almost finished the first demo page of it. Added animated fog-clouds, Background music "Original Undead Track" with start-stop buttons, Animated eye glow of Heinrich etc...

That sounds epic, Set@mon, I'm looking forward to seeing it when you've finished it smile .

fretn wrote:

Keep in mind that if you want me to consider using your layout that it cannot contain images or other media that are copyrighted by somebody else, for example that background (which I really like, but we need permission from the original author)

I can't see that being too much of a problem, Fretn. Back in the day, when we were all playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the Activision crew were always encouraging us to to add to the game , new maps, mods, weapons/uniform skins etc.. All that seemed to be required was that we had to always give Activision the credit for the original design material.

Set@mon would just have to do the same, adding Activision logos and copyright symbols to his design, usually they are found in the bottom right corner of any advertising picture/display. If Set@mon can actually contact the Activision crew then so much the better cool .

Hi guys! I have completed first demo release of the home page with all working links and effects. About the copyright thing I already contacted with activision and waiting for a reply from them. Also I agree with Gangsta that I can add activision logos and trademark things if they request. So here is the link for a test of Junior RtcwCoop website home page. 

I am always open for positive and negative ideas. Please let me know your considerations! Have a good time and dont forget to open your speaker volume! wink

Installation:

Extract the rar file anywhere and double click rtcwcoop.html. Thats all!

Compatible browsers:

I have tried to make compatible for all browsers. I made effects without flash. Because flash thing means always problem if browser has no flash player and many browsers cant emulate flash animations very well. I only tested with I.Explorer 8, Google Chrome & Opera browsers. I can say %100 compatible with these ones.

Download Link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zc1ffm

44 (edited by N3rwitZ 2013-02-26 22:18:08)

Good job, set@mon!

I'm going to say now what I like and what I dont now:

1. It not looks well on 1024x768 resolution, because I saw that you have set up it for 1280xXXXX resolutions and up, but that's not a big problem.

2. That font you have used is Wolfenstein (2009)'s font, not the Return to Castle Wolfenstein one and the text for the buttons doesn't looks cool, in my opinion.

3. The highlight color of the buttons doesn't look good compared to the buttons color.

And some suggestions:

You can make, if you know how the MP3 Player at the bottom right side to have only three buttons (play, stop, volume) and put it somewhere where it fits good, because with that black space at the bottom, the page layout looks little weird.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

Okay my opinion (don't take it personal if I'm negative)

What I like:

- Nice atmosphere (the sound)
- The subtle animations: the eyes, moving clouds
- the background
- overall layout

What I don't like:

- The sounds that starts playing without me wanting it (I listen to music on my computer so it disturbs), but the sounds adds atmosphere
- The font of the buttons (Not liking is a big word, I think there are better options)
- The effect on the buttons, it looks cheap
- it doesnt fit on my screen resolution (1440x900), but thats something I can fix with a responsive css grid
- the rtcwcoop logo

But overall I'm really positive, its a good start for a gaming website. If you can share me the background image, or even the psd file of your layout, I can show you what I would like to change

good job !

46 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-27 11:38:57)

Thanks for your opinions. Of course it is a pre-release demo version. We will improve it together with ideas, considerations. Sure Fretn I can share the psd file with you. No problem. All details that you say can be fixed. It is possible.

Also Fretn, I am at 31 years old and I dont get anything personal. Dont worry! wink You can be free to say your ideas, considerations. You are the admin. smile We will find best design together. If everybody loves to enter a website, it is better for us.

.::Here look what we can do::.

*Background music autostart can be change by JS code. It is very easy. No problem. But I added buttons for to stop at below of website.
*Also we can integrate the audio buttons on the background. But I dont know how and what code. I need help for it. Please advice...
*Fonts of the buttons I get 2009 version. I dont know new version can effect quality it much better. Please advice too. Also consider the font "jokerman" which you can find on my first picture of website.
*Effects on buttons can be change with another type of effect. So easy too.
*About the resolution. Yes, here is what we need to think about. First of all the background original resolution is 1280*1024. I first made a 1024*768 resolution. It was ok but too small on widescreen monitors. After changed to 1280*1024 original one. Tested with 1024*768 and can be fit to screen with the CTRL+Mouse Whell. For a fullscreen stretch we need a css grid as you say Fretn. Please advice and help for it too...
*For logo I think the shape is ok. But the font is not suit I think. Also can try to make it more clear and more antialised.

Yes. Share me your ideas bros! smile

That really is great work, Set@mon. I use Firefox with the Google search engine and it works perfectly on that. A few modifications by Fretn to get it the way he likes it and I think you'll have a real winner here cool .

48 (edited by set@mon 2013-02-27 18:02:21)

Hi Gangsta! Thank you very much for your kind words. I am trying to make some good things for this wonderful game and of course for us. Website is important as you know and It is a mirror of you what you want to do in here. So in a short time with your ideas I made a composition. Thats all! Surely we need some improvements on it.

*I already solved the stretch problem of website. Now it is fully suitable for 800*600, 1024*768*, 1280*800, better. But best view is in 1024*768 because the website design is composed with many little slices. So I cant use css codes there. I mean background is not 1 peace. If you open images folder, you can understand what I mean.

But I solved width stretch and cant solve height 100%. The reason is this little peaces. But I prepared website again as standart 800*768 and made a standart for many resolutions. Shortly width can stretch whatever resolution you have but height remans same. It should be a problem with higher heights bigger than 900 px. But it can be solved with browsers zoom function. If Fretn has a better solution it is a glad for me to apply.

I also thinking to embed whole game tracks to website so you can choose which one you want to listen. May be it is a good idea may be not. You will decide it!

At the moment I am trying latest Wolfenstein font on buttons. We will see which one is good. I think many of you prefer wolfenstein font so I dont try other fonts prior to "Jokerman" font on my first picture. I will update this page and share improvements with you. smile

set@mon wrote:

I also thinking to embed whole game tracks to website so you can choose which one you want to listen. May be it is a good idea may be not. You will decide it!

these are copyrighted, I don't plan on using them, sorry smile

I am waiting for reply from Activision and Id software for copyright terms. Hope they allow me. I will continue against their decisions.