Topic: 0.9.5 patch 1

Hello,

I provided a small patch to fix one small and one annoying but in current release, just unzip and overwrite the files in your main folder

- fixes some spectator issues
- and fixes the bug where you couldnt drown or fall to your death

https://bzzwolfsp.googlecode.com/files/ … patch1.zip

2 (edited by quadlt 2013-05-19 20:05:53)

Re: 0.9.5 patch 1

Great little patch here. Still really hoping for the AI recoil increase. smile Thanks again.

EDIT : apparently it still shows as 0.9.5 everywhere.

It's just a minor patch not a release so no real point changing version since it's an ongoing process.

quadlt wrote:

Great little patch here. Still really hoping for the AI recoil increase. smile Thanks again.

thats for later smile

quadlt wrote:

................Still really hoping for the AI recoil increase. smile

If you mean by that, Quadlt, that you'd like to reduce the killing potential of the Axis then I can't agree. We like to frag them as deadly as they are right now. A better solution would be to provide a "settings change" script for the Axis AI where the server Admins can set the preferences that they like.

Our server is set to "nightmare" mode and we rip through the Axis AI to complete each map. Reducing their power to kill us is of no interest to us whatsoever.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
quadlt wrote:

................Still really hoping for the AI recoil increase. smile

If you mean by that, Quadlt, that you'd like to reduce the killing potential of the Axis then I can't agree. We like to frag them as deadly as they are right now. A better solution would be to provide a "settings change" script for the Axis AI where the server Admins can set the preferences that they like.

Our server is set to "nightmare" mode and we rip through the Axis AI to complete each map. Reducing their power to kill us is of no interest to us whatsoever.

True indeed. I find it more and more interesting now on the way it is. It was just that 'first-thought' when I started playing with my friend where they could rape us from basically anywhere. Now we adapted and it doesn't seem so bad. Tho still having an option would be awesome.

I think recoil has no value at all. They're bots, they'll instantly fix it since it's non-human factor involved. What I'm more leaning towards and also advocated few times already is, to more humanize bots.

I think some error level could be introduced so when you're facing 3-4 enemies one will fire at the edge of the hitbox or be more prone to miss etc.. although A.I. is anything but simple when it comes to human behaviour but with some room for calculated error, I think it would bring some more diversity.

But all together, that's a whole different issue really.

is there a possibility to decrease ai's aim to the level as it was in the campaign? the reason im asking is constant complaints about ai's almost 100% aim from the people i was playing with.

on what skillevel are you playing ?

only on the hardest setting the aim is 100%
on the easiest its 60%

sorry for such a late answer, we usually play on medium or hard. however, this aim issue made me search some knowledge smile. here is what i found in sources:

zzwolfsp-read-only/src/game/ai_cast.c

if ( g_gameskill.integer == GSKILL_EASY ) {
            newent->health = client->ps.stats[STAT_HEALTH] = client->ps.stats[STAT_MAX_HEALTH] = 1;
            cs->attributes[AIM_SKILL] = 0.6;
            cs->attributes[ATTACK_SKILL] = 0.6;

bzzwolfsp-read-only/src/botai/chars.h

//skill when aiming
// >  0.0 && <  0.9 = aim is affected by enemy movement
// >  0.4 && <= 0.8 = enemy linear leading
// >  0.8 && <= 1.0 = enemy exact movement leading
// >  0.5 && <= 1.0 = prediction shots when enemy is not visible
// >  0.6 && <= 1.0 = splash damage by shooting nearby geometry

//attack skill
// >  0.0 && <  0.2 = don't move
// >  0.3 && <  1.0 = aim at enemy during retreat
// >  0.0 && <  0.4 = only move forward/backward
// >= 0.4 && <  1.0 = circle strafing
// >  0.7 && <  1.0 = random strafe direction change

bzzwolfsp-read-only/src/game/ai_cast_fight.c

aim_skill = cs->attributes[AIM_SKILL];

acc = cs->attributes[AIM_ACCURACY];
    // fretn
    if ( g_gametype.integer <= GT_COOP ) {
        if ( g_gameskill.integer == GSKILL_EASY ) {
            acc = 0.5;
        } else if ( g_gameskill.integer == GSKILL_MEDIUM ) {
            acc = 0.75;
        } else if ( g_gameskill.integer == GSKILL_HARD ) {
            acc = 0.9;
        } else if ( g_gameskill.integer == GSKILL_MAX ) {
            acc = 1.0;
        }

what i meant by ai's aim is it's accuracy (as i understand, currently 0.5 on easy level of difficulty).

11 (edited by nate 2013-10-26 14:55:54)

If you can compile it, I can add a cvar for gameskill so ones that wish can run a customized difficulty - assuming fretn is fine with it?

Although custom skill would require full patch all around, a fast hack to offer change can be introduced for time being in repository so anyone that wishes can compile it, till the next release where naturally it should be patched on all ends to correspond in menu etc..

----------------
EDIT:
Here's a nasty patch for anyone that wishes to use it. Just apply it and compile your bin and you should be good to go (didn't test it but should work).
----------------
New options are:
g_customSkill | 1 = enable it, 0 = will use default game skill set (easy, hard..)       
g_customSkillAim | Value between .1 and 1.0 for AI aim level
g_customSkillAtt | Value between .1 and 1.0 for AI aggression level (attack)

Post's attachments

custom_diff.patch 3.16 kb, 5 downloads since 2013-10-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Did these cvars make it to SVN?

Nope. It's completely optional since it's an ugly fast fix. For SVN it should be done properly - by adding GSKILL_CUSTOM so UI can tie too it and reports back custom difficulty servers in server browser etc.

It's not hard to do a proper version, just needs little more work but I was low on time. Maybe in following days I can wrap up a proper one and commit it. Albeit due io migration there's no VS solution and cross compile was broken (when I was testing it) so would, may need to solve that first.

cross compile works fine for me (tested this on 2 different machines)

15 (edited by nate 2014-01-05 15:36:06)

I'll update it and report back. I was testing a while ago so ain't even sure which revision was it. smile

Edit:: Stil broken;
Error: Must define or find WINDRES, CC, and CXX

Win7/cygwin & Linux
On linux make works fine but cross compile returns same problem.

You need to install the mingw32-w64 packages from within Cygwin...
(Run your Cygwin setup app and just search for mingw32)

Then use the cross compile build scripts...

cross-make-mingw.sh (For 32-bit binaries)
cross-make-mingw64.sh (For 64-bit binaries)

I can compile everything else just fine. io Mp, wolfx etc.. only SP/coop causes issues. I'll take a look into what packages I have set in cygwin when I'll tackle that box and report back.

Only difference would be to also make sure you have g++ installed to for the splines part.