1 (edited by SaDeK 2015-06-01 18:41:45)

Topic: TRAM NIGHTMARE

Can you guys help me to get the tram map full of blackguards instead of soldiers? (to be hard big_smile:D:D) with their basic atributes,weapons and also skin to be "blackguard/snow1" without head (i dont give a fuck about head) just to have the skin of snow and fg42 weapon just need to full the map with them to have fun smile) to be harder to pass the maps and also some venoms with norway skins with flamethrower instead of VENOM and maybe to add some lopers into crypt levels big_smile

P.S: i know how to edit entities like an amateur but i want to see a perfect view of the map and agent's enemies and add 1 rocket at playerstart so i can spam when i throw the panzerfaust smile and myabe help with coop spawnpoints because i had problems with them in assault map and tram also

Re: TRAM NIGHTMARE

Ur my mate!! Just ignore the GANG$TA. big_smile
Challenger 4 eva!

---The Challenger---

You're right my mate big_smile i have also tc-tram-legend map (but i hate it because is so unrealistic with boss helga in the first room of the tram smile

4 (edited by Jouhan 2015-06-02 17:28:34)

Was a "Slownets" fookin test. lol lol

---The Challenger---

5 (edited by SaDeK 2015-06-02 18:34:36)

i edited that panzer rain smile with blackguards with fg42 (you cant even make it to the tram and you're dead) smile so guys lets return to subject big_smile can you help me? to be a realistic the hardest level ?

smile Its easy.
..if u know the tricks. (know how)

regards PRO.

tongue tongue tongue

---The Challenger---

Yes i know but i want to solve coop spawnpoints problem because when map starts say in the left up in the corner No coop spawnpoints...

Create them, " /dumpcoopspawnpoint " etc...

4 exmpl:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x459q90/909/OXBZnK.jpg
smile

---The Challenger---

9 (edited by SaDeK 2015-06-02 20:06:47)

when i dump they got created in the .ents file but they are not in the order that should stay to be good( is not like in your picture that should be good) they are like classname....... angle 0 only on 1 line also dumpcastai works exactly like this command of spawnpoints and if i want to full the map i would stay 1 hour to get everything where should be in their lines

but i hate it because is so unrealistic with boss helga in the first room of the tram

Actually tc-tram was playground level where we tested .ai and .ents. It's more like junkie's nightmare than Challenger-style level. In orginal idea, level is almost inact, with small exception - You start in the middle tower, but it was way too hardcore for casual players - required not only typical CH knowledge but also some TJ skills.

with blackguards with fg42 (you cant even make it to the tram and you're dead)

Its easy.

Jouhan is correct. Even if You'll place 100 blackguards here it's still possible to win using some tricks. Our intention was to change "run or sneak then shoot" game into brainstorm one. With 100 blackguards it'd be laggy as fuck, though.

when i dump they got created in the .ents file but they are not in the order that should stay to be good

Order doesn't matter at all here.

( is not like in your picture that should be good) they are like classname....... angle 0 only on 1 line also dumpcastai works exactly like this command of spawnpoints and if i want to full the map i would stay 1 hour to get everything where should be in their line

If You have problems with .ents, try GtkRadiant - it's newbie-friendly.

--- The Challenger ---

actually i've got escape1 to church map full of blackguards but i need help with coop spawnpoints

when i dump they got created in the .ents file but they are not in the order that should stay to be good( is not like in your picture that should be good) they are like classname....... angle 0 only on 1 line also dumpcastai works exactly like this command of spawnpoints and if i want to full the map i would stay 1 hour to get everything where should be in their lines

Can You try to re-explain Your problem? Line above is barely human readable.

--- The Challenger ---

nvm dude nvm i edited to myself you fucking tc-tram legend by my pleasure without unrealistic enemies just blackguards.... i dont want to get this map into a madness i just want to add entities to be hard to pass because i like this big_smile i tell again ... NVM!!!

TheSlow wrote:

If You have problems with .ents, try GtkRadiant - it's newbie-friendly.

How we wish that was true, Slow m8. We've all given up trying to learn it now because nothing really works as it should or is just far too complicated to master.

Turning a .BSP file to a .MAP file and then recompiling the map, virtually impossible.

Learning to use the camera to view your work, another nightmare.

If Gtk Radiant was indeed, "newbie-friendly", we'd all be using it, unfortunately the opposite is true, bro yikes .

i dont even use that fuck shit... big_smile i edited entities with notepad opening .ents and .coop.ai and im doing pretty well on sp maps editing

Notepad or such works best for editing Coop stuff imho. Did you get things to work?

For GTK Radiant I prefer 1.5. It has much easier learning curve imho. I quit mapping first time because I tried 1.4 (10 years ago). I think all other radiant versions are more or less similar to 1.4. Which one you used G-Mate? smile

http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/downloads.html Scroll down to look for 1.5

Ps. If you want to use Radiant to check location for Coop stuff or such.. you can load a decompiled map, create an entity. Then just copy all it's keys and paste the values to your .Ents file.

I used the newest release of GTK Radiant, Sage bro. I've tried the other versions previously, to see if any versions were better than others, but they are all just as complicated for us GTK nubs yikes .

Dog and me have about 6 maps converted for RtCW Coop. Four of them can't be released because we have trouble with a missing skybox in one mission and in the other we would like to remove some things from the map that don't fit in with our new storyline for them.

To do this we need to convert the .BSP to a .MAP file, then recompile the damn thing, but all we get from GTK Radiant is the classic script, ".bsp is version 47 not 46", no matter what we try and we've tried so damn much that we're totally frustrated with it all, at this point.

e.g.: http://forum-thetent.getgoo.net/t5-conv … e-commands

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.p … BSP-to-Map

Turning a .BSP file to a .MAP file and then recompiling the map, virtually impossible.

Nope as long as You have good version of q3map2 and You know valid arguments.

Learning to use the camera to view your work, another nightmare.

Not really if You have mouse with scroll. It's all You need to use it effectively - You don't even have to touch nav windows.

Notepad or such works best for editing Coop stuff imho.

Unless You want to change some elements of map itself. While it's possible to change it using notepad and q3map2 only, it'd be nightmare.

".bsp is version 47 not 46"

You probably forgot about -game switch.

--- The Challenger ---

TheSlow which of these suggestions have you actually tried?

TheSlow wrote:

Nope as long as You have good version of q3map2 and You know valid arguments.

Show me! You will not be able to make it. Simply because Q3Map2 cannot revert detail brushes. Along with many many many other lost things. Or do we nowadays have a super boosted Q3map2 I am not familiar with and what Ydnar (creator) said was once impossible?

TheSlow wrote:

Notepad or such works best for editing Coop stuff imho.

Unless You want to change some elements of map itself. While it's possible to change it using notepad and q3map2 only, it'd be nightmare.

Notepad is simplest way. You cannot change map elements at all. Editing some map entities is theoretically possible via exporting/importing entities (into .ents file) with q3map2, but you would still edit them in notepad, if it worked at all. And would still be limited to .ents file stuff.

TheSlow wrote:

Yes or wrong -game switch.

-SSF-Sage wrote:
TheSlow wrote:

This is what I put into the .BAT file, lads:

q3map2 -game wolf -convert -format map kdepot2.bsp

So, what have I done wrong here?

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:
-SSF-Sage wrote:
TheSlow wrote:

This is what I put into the .BAT file, lads:

q3map2 -game wolf -convert -format map kdepot2.bsp

So, what have I done wrong here?

The problem is possibly that you are not recompiling the map with -game wolf from GTK?

-SSF-Sage wrote:

The problem is possibly that you are not recompiling the map with -game wolf from GTK?

I'd have to re-install everything again and start from scratch to find that out, Sage, I'm not even very sure what you mean when you say that, bro. When I installed GTK Radiant I followed the instructions in this video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfz2hbPpEFM

That's the only decent tutorial we could find on how to install GTK Radiant properly.

Show me!

K.

slow~$ wine q3map2.exe -game et -convert -format map xlabs.bsp 
2 threads
Q3Map         - v1.0r (c) 1999 Id Software Inc.
Q3Map (ydnar) - v2.5.16
GtkRadiant    - v1.5.0 Oct  8 2004 08:08:27
Voter turnout
VFS Init: ..//etmain/

Loading (path)xlabs.bsp
--- Convert BSP to MAP ---
writing (path)xlabs_converted.map
(log log log log...)
slow~$ head xlabs_converted.map 
// Generated by Q3Map2 (ydnar) -convert -format map
// entity 0
{
    "classname" "worldspawn"
    "_color" "1 1 1"
    "ambient" "13"

// brush 0
    {
        ( -1084.000 -768.000 82.000 ) ( -1084.000 -768.000 79.000 ) ( -1084.000 -680.000 79.000 ) xlab_wall/xmetal_m02a 0 0 0 0.5 0.5 0 0 0

Important note: q3map2 damages BSP file in some cases when it fails. Probably 50% of failures was due to retrying on fucked up file.
Converted .map file loads smoothly in Radiant (but some textures are lost and it's kinda messy). Even if some data is lost and even if it's impossible to convert it back in some cases, it's still possible to use _converted map to place entities and copy their parameters - that's the point. I agree that in most cases it may be impossible to convert .map back into usable BSP (without h4x0ring q3map2), but IIRC it worked pretty well in case of crypt2 map (.bsp-.map-modify-.bsp-COOP).

You cannot change map elements at all.

BSP is just binary file... it IS possible, even without converting to .map (which is clear text). It's just terribly hard. So we can say that it's impossible for "regular" users (or sane ones).

--- The Challenger ---

Sage, can You find Ydnar's post/whatever about reconverting being impossible? I want to know exact content, as it's translation seems to be nonsense, BSP is not even encrypted. I want to know his oppinion, basically, along with details.

--- The Challenger ---

Umm.  Yes we are both right, but we argued about different things. Obviously you can decompile maps. But the decompiled map will not be same as the original map source. And it will never turn into a fully finctional BSP anymore. You can use it for learning or placing purposes. But you will still need to add them manually to .ents file. But never ever to edit existing brushwork without very complex tools.

Problem is that things from map file are lost in conversion. I wont go back 10 years of conversations with ydnar. 

You will not be able to compile a functional BSP from a decompiled map file with the tools we have. Unless it is a box map or you spend 3 Months remaking it. Atleast with q3map2. Chances are you might be able run it somehow, but the map will not function very well. And probably will not create aas file anymore.

Obviously it is binary and editable with hex. I have not came up with anyone cabaple of providing tools for us. Have you? Talking about adding a new house or terrain. Not plain game entity. Bani has done something similar but it will not work without hacking Bspc tool too.

Everything is possible. But without years of dedication and professional coding group, forget it.

Am talking about decompiling bsp and then turning it back to bsp. I have decompiled maps for finding origins. But in many cases using dump tool in coop mod is faster unless you make many many things. All items, ammo, ai etc will find their location easily.

Also if you are ready to compromise quality and performance it is a lot easier to get the recompiled bsp to function. But it will be a shadow of the glory. I do not accept compromises for myself. I insist everything to be as it was supposed to be. Nevertheless this will require a lot of experience and work.