Re: Update coming

Just as promised. I ran some tests, bare that I used the update!1

There go results everything my not-so-observant eye spotted:

V-quality and FPS

As performed on ESCAPE1;

REND2

# Standard Rend2 settings set to High quality, resolution cfg'd at 640/480 gives at average 40 fps, lowest - 20;
# Standard Rend2 settings set to High quality, resolution up 800/600 gives at average about 40 fps, lowest - 19;
# Standard Rend2 settings set to High quality, resolution at values 1024 w per 768 h; frames per sec lock average 20 to 30 and skyrocket 60 when reset back OpenGL 1 renderer @ Normal sett's and same res.
# Standard Rend2 settings set to High quality, at resolution 1280x1024; frames per sec drastically go below 20, tops 15-18 when looking at different directions wow, iortcw needs more work on performance, nevertheless depend on layout getgame work smooth.
# Standard Rend2 settings set to High quality, at resolution 1920x1080; no change to FPS, peak at max 30, lowest is 15, no additional tweaking to quality

OPENGL1

# Standard Normal settings for quality; where resolution is 640x480/800x600/1024x768/1280x1024/1920x1080 and all solid 60 FPS

Sett's layout: CLICKIE

Interface scaling

In-game menu looks like this if 1920x1080 and aspect ratio applied to 2 through cvar:

CLICKIE

Still issues with gold yellow line stretches little off the edge on right side for some windows, for instance the ''Quick Settings'' screen looks good with the borderlines than with no borderlines like on TEST1

Then on System screen, you see i difference... CLICKIE

Solution? Somehow, somewhat, do a fixed size on that asset so it looks the same on every window.

Newfound bugs?

# When using 1200x720 and scrolling through menu windows, the fade-out effect (black thing for a mili-sec) does not scale to the actual resolution, instead display for a fixed resolution, likely 800@600p. Is (gotta be that) problem with assets?
# In-game, clicking EXIT button does display no ''Quit to Main Menu/Exit Game'' prompt screen, produces the ''close'' effect on the menu. I terminated game by only pressing the ALT+F4 combo.
# Manual saves seem disabled now? Still after I enabled unlimited manual saves (0 in corresponding box in the create server menu), no text is shown up for successful saving and I am spawned at the start. Escape 1, same server settings as to date. Pure Server OFF.

Missing?

Brightness bar in System window misses. No room place it there? Add Advanced System Settings menu...maybe?

Aside common performance behavior, fixed aspect command works and the HUD placement okay for my monitor.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

N3rwitZ wrote:

Improved visuals (say ''effects'') with all that matter, HDR, integrated AA filters, so to speak. Basically, that.

Thanks for the reply, N3rwitZ, I'll try this out when I run some more tests this week.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

.....I'll try this out when I run some more tests this week.

Well, what a difference that made to the in-game environment, it looks fantastic. Here's some screenshots, playing on the ECGN server, in conjunction with our Dogster's HD texture pack, I switched on the "bloom" effect too:

http://imgur.com/a/syCcE

One problem, I can't disconnect from the ECGN server when pressing the "exit" bar. I have to use "task manager" and manually shut the game down instead.

Rend2 has higher system requirements. It will probably always perform a little slower than the old renderer.

The gold lines are just how the assets are and can't be included with releases anyway since they are not part of the GPL source code or the mod SDK. Leaving the space near the logo  is just the trade off of making the menu extend to the ends of the screen.
This won't be changed. If someone wants to make a new asset for it, great.

I didn't see any issue using the manual spawnpoint saves.

The rest of that stuff should be fixed.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

One problem, I can't disconnect from the ECGN server when pressing the "exit" bar. I have to use "task manager" and manually shut the game down instead.

Fixed the Exit game menu...

You don't have to use task manager to exit anyway...Open console and type: /quit

That's right MAN-AT-ARMS, often like the G-bro I have brain farts. About my last input, TANKssss (pun luv U_U)

Best regards,
Von Bootz

New test build...TEST 3:

http://69.65.113.18/rtcwcoop/RTCWCoop-1 … -win64.zip

Same guidelines as previous builds.

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

You don't have to use task manager to exit anyway...Open console and type: /quit

I never realised that was possible, MAN-AT-ARMS, thanks for the tip. Okay, time to test the next update.

I've been testing the new version today, using the same settings, 1920x1080 resolution with "bloom" enabled and "rend2" also. I found a few glitches, I've posted the screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/rgyfa

The ECGN server was running "Chateau" when I joined it, so I played it first and encountered no problems with that map.

Bloom is only for use with OpenGL1. It's not implemented/needed in rend2.

Are you using some kind of texture pack because I don't see any issue like that with the skyboxes?
If so, see if it happens without the pack.
If not, paste a copy of your wolfconfig.coop.cfg file.

Spawning in walls, etc. happens with autosave sometimes.

Why are you not using cg_fixedAspect 2 with that res?

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

Bloom is only for use with OpenGL1. It's not implemented/needed in rend2.

I never knew that, I'll disable it.

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

Are you using some kind of texture pack?...........

Yes, Dogster's HD pack, I'll remove it and try again.

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

Spawning in walls, etc. happens with autosave sometimes.

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:

Why are you not using cg_fixedAspect 2 with that res?

I had no idea that this was required when using that resolution. I'll implement it in the next batch of tests.

cg_fixedAspect 2 is not required but one of the things I'm looking for issues with.

I removed the HD pack, but the problem persisted. I then removed the unfinished "RtCW SP" missions that we were converting to cooperative and tried again and everything seems fine so far. I remember with one of those missions we had skybox and shader problems, that's why we still haven't finished it.

Anyway, I'll start again, with the "cg_fixedAspect 2" enabled and see what results I get.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

I removed the HD pack, but the problem persisted. I then removed the unfinished "RtCW SP" missions that we were converting to cooperative and tried again and everything seems fine so far. I remember with one of those missions we had skybox and shader problems, that's why we still haven't finished it.

Anyway, I'll start again, with the "cg_fixedAspect 2" enabled and see what results I get.

Cool. Thanks!

So far, so good. The gameplay is very smooth, I've encountered no missing textures or skyboxes and no crashes from the game either. I've reached the "Xlabs" now, I'll do more tests this week.

I've now reached the map known as "Dark", everything has played well, still no problems found. I can read all the information contained in the documents that you can pick up and the game doesn't glitch while doing so.

The only thing I've noticed, as you change from map to map, is that the loading screen has reverted to a 4:3 apect ratio, like so: http://i.imgur.com/PLyBy0U.jpg

I'll do more tests this week.

That's my "run through" of the game complete and I'm glad to report that there were no bugs to be found in any of the maps. The gameplay, the textures and weapons are all working/performing the way they should and I really enjoyed the atmosphere created by the superb lighting and shadows.

Thanks for this new update, MAN-AT-ARMS.

{WeB}*GANG$TA* wrote:

The only thing I've noticed, as you change from map to map, is that the loading screen has reverted to a 4:3 apect ratio, like so: http://i.imgur.com/PLyBy0U.jpg

That's the correct aspect ratio for the level shots (4:3 is what the game was designed for ). That's what cg_fixedAspect does...corrects the aspect (i.e. not stretched)

Is possible so engine loads load screens graphics bigger than 4:3 scale then? You did try that MAN/fretn?

While still at work on own dedicated co-op logo I've decided to sketch that later use for new in-game menu, things go with turtle pace than supposed (summah'.. >_>), I might so give the loadscreens a refresher, if ever I consider.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

45 (edited by N3rwitZ 2017-08-03 02:39:34)

Loadscreens! Made something quick in RTCW modern looks style and how I personally love it like, put your words. Took Assault (part I love) for preview of things.

(wrong imgfile LOL, corrected)

http://i.imgur.com/rWXzPeC.jpg

Best regards,
Von Bootz

The drawing system is based on 640x480 coordinates system and is scaled from there.

I really like your loading screen demo version, N3rwitZ, it would be great to see something like this in-game smile .

N3rwitZ wrote:

Loadscreens! Made something quick in RTCW modern looks style and how I personally love it like, put your words. Took Assault (part I love) for preview of things.

(wrong imgfile LOL, corrected)

http://i.imgur.com/rWXzPeC.jpg

is LOok Great XD

Midu RTCW COOP
Server Admin

49 (edited by N3rwitZ 2017-08-06 15:16:54)

Big cheers. Excited to know am not alone happy with my stuff, eh. If time goes by schedule, I now think, still a floating idea, I re-start work on a complete custom UI layout this later october once Titeuf update arrives. Even though MAN-AT-ARMS is right; in theory too much details and graphic effects would become blurry and brushed out on wider resolutions. Lots of work and efforts I dare to put that may be lost in a dime, but things go like this.

Am a tough to crack guy lol, will report progress when I have my respective schedule ready.

Please note stuff is made on the go so I have nothing pre-planned in my design box.

Best regards,
Von Bootz

GOOD WORK ALL KEEP WORKING

Midu RTCW COOP
Server Admin