1 (edited by TitaN655 2012-11-10 12:58:55)

Topic: Bug & Feature List

I setup a dedicated server for RTCW COOP, and I spent a few hours running through each map finding as many bugs as I can, i'm going to include them here, as well as some feature suggestions I came up with that I think would be good additions to RTCW COOP.
Some bugs listed here may be already known and some may be one-off on my server, so they will need to be confirmed.

Global
- [FIXED in 0.9.1] [Medium] At the end of maps on the stats, the secret areas number is too big, i'm sure there's not that many secret areas.
- [Minor] Movement is not possible when using voice-chat menu.
- [FIXED in 0.9.2] [Medium] Cannot read documents/notes, mouse appears. Also, you need to hold down the Activate button for it to show, if you let go, it disappears, but the documents/notes do not appear anyway.
- [Medium] Cannot see third person kick of other players.
- [Minor] When players look through Snooper scope, other players see him holding it one handed in front of him, should be more like holding the Mauser rifle while looking through scope?
- [Minor] Falling to Death sound (screaming) & general death sound (when killed) are not working.
- [Major] Some (if not all) door sounds do not work.
- [Medium] The blood flash screen when being shot does not appear when using MG42s.
- [Medium] Nazi Flame Troopers can be burnt and killed with a flame-thrower (they wear protective suits, surely they wouldn't be effected?).
- [Major] Tesla Gun does not seem to damage enemies (not completely sure about this one though, because I kept getting shot).
- [Minor] All players screens turn black and fade back (as if starting a new map) when a new player joins. (Discovered this at the first few maps, couldn't seem to reproduce it in following maps).
- [Medium] g_friendlyfire "0" does not work, friendly fire is still activated in-game.
- [Minor] Music does not change to alarm-themed music when alarm sounds. Fear it may be global.
- [Medium] Enemy shooting distance is not limited, they can shoot from endlessly far away, for example, they can shoot from second to first stations at tram.
- [FIXED in 0.9.1] [Medium] Some bugs with the UI still. For example, when on a server, and click on "Join Server", and you press Esc to go back to game, you are disconnected and taken to the main menu.
- [Medium] The enemies are in same position as the cutscenes on 'Crypt1' and 'Church'
- [Minor] Door textures are flipped in accordance to where their 'hinges' are
- [Medium] Some enemies spawn incorrectly (in objects/walls/flags) so they cannot move or attack, so far I have found this happens in 'Kugalstadt' at the start, doen the alleyway there is a sniper who is stuck in the wall, and in 'SWF' where where is an enemy stuck in the flag at the U-boat.

Map-Specific
Escape2
- [Minor] Bridge rocks do not produce broken rubble or the rubble sound.
- [FIXED in 0.9.1] [Critical] Finishing this map is not possible, end stats doesn't appear.

Tram
- [Major] Tram automatically sets off only between first and second points until middle button is pressed, then first button is released and it loops between second and third stations automatically until first button is pressed which caused third button to be released, and back to start.
- [Minor] Top of tram doesn't connect properly with part connected to the wire, instead it moves just below.
- [Minor] Kessler and the radio speak at the same time at the end.

Village1
- [Minor] Kessler's first sentence is cut short with his second sentence - this might be caused by lag, but mentioning it anyway.
- [Minor] Kessler is marked as a co-op teammate on the HUD compass.
[FIXED in 0.9.1] [Major] During the start, if a new player connects while Kessler is talking, he will repeat his first sentence, but stop and not open the book case. If a restart vote is initiated, then the server crashes with the error shown in the attachment.

Crypt1
- [Medium] Some doors are open when they shouln't be yet.

Crypt2
- [Minor] Door is already open after traps (the door to the room with the goblet and where the quake happens).
- [Medium] In the goblet room, wall flamethrowers do not burn you or the enemies.

Church
- [FIXED in 0.9.2] [Major] Cannot be completed due to objectives (may be because of cutscene, some elite guard do not spawn at the beginning.

Boss1 (Tomb)
- [Medium] Ghosts infect other players when 1 player is hit, they do not however take health from other player.
- [Minor] You start the map, the cutscene continues on the map start, as you can hear the sounds of the monster breaking out and Helga screeming.

Forest
- [FIXED in 0.9.2] [Critical] When detected by alarm, screen fades to black, and stays there when re-spawned.

Rocket (V2 Rocket Base)
- [Minor] Creaking bridge sound, after rocket is destroyed, plays globally.

Assault (Airbase)
- [Minor] When turning the wheel to open the take-off doors, the sound is played globally.

SMF (Kugalstadt)
- [FIXED in 0.9.2] [Major] When the tank is destroyed by anti-tank weapon, the map is failed, and restarted, the screen stays black, even when map is restarted.

Factory (The bombed Factory)
- [Medium] Stats do not show at end

Norway
- [Medium] Some textures are the camoflage netting texture, not transparent also, but black. I tried this again earlier, but it didn't appear this time

xlabs
- [Major] The electical door security field does not de-activate at the start after killing the enemies
- [Medium] At the secret area (after the swim, where the loper, scientist and proto-solider fight looking through the window), the door explodes immediately and nothing else happens.

Boss2 (Über-Soldat)
- [Minor] Door at start continues playing alarm and movement sound forever when opened.

Village2 (Paderborn)
- [Major] When you kill the alarm guy, the alarm can sound anyway and the mission is failed.

Chateau
- [Minor] Near the beginning, in the second door which leads to front room of the Chateau; when the hook is shot, the barrels do not fall.
- [Minor] Roof glass does not produce glass shards or the glass breaking sound.

End (Heinrich I)
- [FIXED in 0.9.1] [Critical] Heinrich is killed, screen goes black and the server shuts-down. Surely it should restart to Escape1?
- [Medium] Ghosts infect other players when 1 player is hit, they do not however take health from other player.
- [Major] More and Many enemies options do not work well when fighting Heinrich I, the new enemies that spawn start attacking Heinrich I instead of you.

Feature Suggestions
- [TitaN655] Seperate rtcwcoop.cfg / coopconfig.cfg / default.cfg / wolfconfig.cfg to set co-op controls at first-time play (downloaded with RTCW COOP)
   When I first started playing RTCW COOP, I was wondering why none of my controls worked (like Vote, voice-chat etc..) I looked in options, and they weren't set.

- [TitaN655] Few maps changed to make more multiplayer suitable.
   This may probably sound confusing. What I mean is to change some maps (not a lot of maps, and those few maps shouldn't be changed too much) to make them more multi-player friendly. I mean adding very few new areas. Especially at the tram. There should be a button somewhere by the tram lever (that activates the tram machinery) to gain access to a new tunnel that leads to a small bridge across or something, so if players die, and they re-spawn at the beginning, they don't have to keep waiting for the tram to arrive. They can instead go across the bridge.
   For example, in Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, there are some custom maps that are identical to some RTCW maps, accept they have extra areas added, some for health and ammo cabinates, some for command posts, some just for extra space, and adding new doors to speed up travel.

- [ADDED in 0.9.2] [TitaN655] Friendly-Fire/Death/Suicide messages. Maybe even a 'who finished the map' message.
   It is needed in my opinion. It's is all if not most multiplayer/Co-op games, and it's obvious why; so players know more information about what's going on between them.
   "[NAME] was killed."
   "[NAME] committed suicide."(/kill)
   "[KILLER-NAME] team-killed [KILLED-NAME]."
   "[NAME] completed the mission!"

- [TitaN655] Server score/XP-Save for when a player comes back, they will still have their score/XP, configurable by server admins.
   If players can keep they're scores, they are sure to keep playing, seeing how high they can get their score to.

- [TitaN655] New Time Limit game-mode. Race against the clock to finish the map, mode configurable by server admins and vote (if vote option enabled by server admin).
   I was thinking of this when I saw the timer counting upwards in the scores tab. I thought, what if it was counting down from a number, a race against the clock to finish..

- [TitaN655] Kill/Death (k/d) Count in Scores Tab.
   Would be nice to know what kind of k/d your team-mates are getting, and maybe seeing if you can best that score.

- [{SSF}Sage] Shove (don't know if this exists/is buggy/cvar/on todo list etc.) sometimes kinda annoying if someone is for some reason standing still and blocking the way)

- [{SSF}Sage] More ammo, maybe you could increase the amount in a weapon that an AI has dropped. Adding ammo in levels would be best but is time consuming. Constantly out of ammo on every weapon.

- [{SSF}Sage] AI scripting command to disable respawn per AI

- [TitaN655] A Co-Op Conversion of the Time Gate single player campaign would be amazing! This is my favourite single player add-on, played it so many times. It quite popular too, for those of you who know it. If I remember, there is no special models added, I might be wrong though, but I doubt it.

Best Regards,
TitaN655

2 (edited by nate 2012-10-12 00:04:40)

Re: Bug & Feature List

Most of the bugs are already known, some I don't know about but I'm sure fretn or marvin do, if not, they can be added to the list.

I'm just wondering about;
- The blood flash screen when being shot does not appear when using MG42s.

Does it not appear only when using mg42 or in general? Also, did you have blood flash enabled or disabled (blood hit on HUD option in menu)?

About "eye candy" stuff - kill ratio, nicer prints (for call votes, following player, deaths..) is something I had in mind as well, I just didn't address it yet because there are other more important things, but it's planned for later on when more crucial stuff gets fixed - like crashes and player overflows.. =<

As far XP like ET type system, I fear this is near to impossible. Problem is that there's no way to track users..et uses guids to track users, guids as you know are assigned by authorization process that gives guid to new users .. basically the same as serial keys in rtcw..problem is, nothing else but a serial key alike process is solid for tracking in a way it can't be spoofed by conventional methods. Kinda beats the purpose of having XP alike system if random user can spoof your ID and takes over your points and continues from there on...same problem is tied to banning ..as at this point it will have to relay on IP's and that's kinda..well lame but currently the only way.

If anyone has a valid solution - one that doesn't require building whole authorization infrastructure (database) and processes tied to it - how to track users as genuine I'm listening..as that method could be used for banning as well then. For the info - mac's, hdd etc..that all can be spoofed relatively easy thus useless.

I'm sure fretn will have more to say about rest of the stuff, overall great input. wink

3 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-12 01:26:25)

nate wrote:

Does it not appear only when using mg42 or in general? Also, did you have blood flash enabled or disabled (blood hit on HUD option in menu)?

All settings I was using are default (accept those settings which are not yet automatically set for co-op settings)
Blood Flash is enabled; if I am shot while not using an MG42, then I get the blood flash. If I am using an MG42, I do not get any blood flash, just hits, and -hp.
I discovered this while using the MG42 in Village1 at the top of the building players start in.

Also, to make the thread a bit more organised for you, I added some prefixes to the bugs. I don't know which ones are known and which one's are not, maybe somebody who does could edit it and add a [known] prefix? I know that some if not most are known, just including to confirm again.

wow thank you for the massive input !

about the death messages: we had this in, but it was annoying, the bots do not have names, we can give them names, but it isn't what I expected it to be

time limit game mode: check speedrun, its exactly what you want smile Server saves the fastest time of a map, and next time the map is played, this is the new timelimit. This timelimit is saved in a cvar, so it can be set by admins.

Tesla, spirits, flamethrowers (except the one from the player himself) and the boss lightning are a pile of crap, and this code will take a lot of work to cleanup so it works like it should in a multiplayer environment. In battle gametype these are all disabled

A lot of the map bugs happen in only very specific situations, all the maps have been finished with 1 or 2 players. But sometimes something fails and you cannot finish it. A workaround is to go in spectator mode, fly to the point you have to be, save a spawnpoint and go back to normal player, and you'll respawn behind a gate that doesnt want to open.

5 (edited by Clonest 2012-10-12 10:37:12)

I've already found a way around the escape2 map bug for when the double doors won't open.........if the server is on the 30 sec. respawn point timer...you simply enter spectator mode and fly over the wall and wait for it to create a spawn point there on the other side of the double doors big_smile
but now  I see someone already beat me to that explanation LOL

6 (edited by Clonest 2012-10-12 10:38:37)

fretn wrote:

about the death messages: we had this in, but it was annoying, the bots do not have names, we can give them names, but it isn't what I expected it to be

time limit game mode: check speedrun, its exactly what you want smile Server saves the fastest time of a map, and next time the map is played, this is the new timelimit. This timelimit is saved in a cvar, so it can be set by admins.

Tesla, spirits, flamethrowers (except the one from the player himself) and the boss lightning are a pile of crap, and this code will take a lot of work to cleanup so it works like it should in a multiplayer environment. In battle gametype these are all disabled

A lot of the map bugs happen in only very specific situations, all the maps have been finished with 1 or 2 players. But sometimes something fails and you cannot finish it. A workaround is to go in spectator mode, fly to the point you have to be, save a spawnpoint and go back to normal player, and you'll respawn behind a gate that doesnt want to open.

although the question remains....what happens if its in an indoor area and spectating players cannot pass through doors that are still closed? yikes

Clonest wrote:
fretn wrote:

although the question remains....what happens if its in an indoor area and spectating players cannot pass through doors that are still closed? yikes

callvote nextmap for now smile

About statistics: I've been working the last days on some fun stats, most weapon pickups, longest time in the air, most damage done to the environment, etc

edit: attached screen of it

Post's attachments

shot0004.jpg
shot0004.jpg 86.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

9 (edited by nate 2012-10-12 16:01:48)

TitaN655 wrote:
nate wrote:

All settings I was using are default (accept those settings which are not yet automatically set for co-op settings)
Blood Flash is enabled; if I am shot while not using an MG42, then I get the blood flash. If I am using an MG42, I do not get any blood flash, just hits, and -hp.
I discovered this while using the MG42 in Village1 at the top of the building players start in.

Ah..was little tired and thought you mean fg42 and couldn't figure out how/why since there's nothing to cause the bug in that case.

..Nah. I never touched any mg42 code but I'll take look into it. Should hopefully be fixed till next release. smile

10 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-12 18:30:11)

fretn wrote:

No problem, I will try my best to find some more bugs for you.
I already said "I'm seeing much success for RTCW COOP in the future."

Also, i've added a couple more bugs I remember from yesterday:
- [Minor] All players screens turn black and fade back (as if starting a new map) when a new player joins. (Discovered this at the first few maps, couldn't seem to reproduce it in following maps).
- [Medium] g_friendlyfire "0" does not work, friendly fire is still activated in-game.

TitaN655 wrote:
fretn wrote:

No problem, I will try my best to find some more bugs for you.
I already said "I'm seeing much success for RTCW COOP in the future."

Also, i've added a couple more bugs I remember from yesterday:

- more people will need to play it to have great success smile

the fade to black is in levels which start with a cutscene smile

12 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-12 19:07:25)

I've taken the liberty of reconstructing the default server.cfg, and the 'start_dedicated_server.bat'
In the RTCW COOP download, it does not include a sample server.cfg in main, and when you use start_dedicated_server.bat, it stays open along with the server console window. I have changed it so it will close after it has started up the server, a quick change. I have also changed the server startup file in 'start_dedicated_server.bat' to 'rtcwcoop_ded.exe' instead of 'rtcwcoop.exe' (I don't know the difference, but from my experience, a executable game file with 'ded' after or before it, means it should be used to start dedicated servers.)
Please note that these two files are meant to work together in the way of loading a map. the start_dedicated_server.bat used to contain 'coopmap escape1', but I have removed this and added it to the server.cfg sample config.
I suggest you add these to the download, it will make starting dedicated servers easier for people, and a little cleaner (with 1 less window, that shouldn't need to stay open).
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b8iyhou8uitd0ou

13 (edited by nate 2012-10-12 19:39:16)

Generally you can run any for server...dedicated just makes more sense on top of that, it exists with less stuff in and is meant for being well,  dedicated..so servers don't need to have the game executable at all.

I don't quite know what the philosophy was for ded to be come to existance but it dates back to rtcw release if I recall right. Basically from 1.33 or 1.4 version, as it was meant that server hosters could host a game without serial key (that was required before) but could not actually play the game as dedicated just hosts it etc.. may be totally wrong on this one, but that's what I figured out about it really. But doesn't really matter, just felt nostalgic a little.. smile

Added a few more bugs, including a severe security bug:
- [Critical] Any user can type into the console 'a1/a2/a3_pass', press enter and they will see the passwords, which then enables anyone to login as a game admin. This is a severe security issue.
- [Minor] Music does not change to alarm-themed music when alarm sounds. Fear it may be global.
- [Medium] Enemy shooting distance is not limited, they can shoot from endlessly far away, for example, they can shoot from second to first stations at tram.
- [Medium] Some doors are open when they shouln't be yet.
- [Medium] In the goblet room, wall flamethrowers do not burn you or the enemies.

15 (edited by nate 2012-10-13 02:06:35)

You mean as going to any server and typing /a1_pass and pressing enter?

That will only offer password you last set, by either a server config, local server etc..

If that's the case and you think I'm wrong, feel free to try to login on mine server -> RTCWx.com  COOP. It's fully managed, so it will log any attempt, fail or success and we can go from there on.. smile

If there's something different, by all means, explain it more detailed.

fretn wrote:

The value ist set back to 1, no matter what you set.

cybdmn wrote:
fretn wrote:

The value ist set back to 1, no matter what you set.

what gametype ?

in battle it is forced to a value

nate wrote:

That will only offer password you last set, by either a server config, local server etc..

If that's the case and you think I'm wrong, feel free to try to login on mine server -> RTCWx.com  COOP. It's fully managed, so it will log any attempt, fail or success and we can go from there on.. smile

If you type in /a1_pass, /a2_pass, or /a3_pass you will be able to see the passwords on that server for that admin, which enables anyone to be able to exploit this by logging in easily as an admin as they will know the password. Logging is not an entirely good solution, because you generally don't want players who you don't intend to logging in as an admin at the start, and not after you see the log files in potentially the next hour-day or longer. Players who you don't want logging in as admins can potentially be dangerous to the server and it's players.

TitaN655 wrote:
nate wrote:

If you type in /a1_pass, /a2_pass, or /a3_pass you will be able to see the passwords on that server for that admin, which enables anyone to be able to exploit this by logging in easily as an admin as they will know the password. Logging is not an entirely good solution, because you generally don't want players who you don't intend to logging in as an admin at the start, and not after you see the log files in potentially the next hour-day or longer. Players who you don't want logging in as admins can potentially be dangerous to the server and it's players.

are you sure you didnt try on a local listen server ?

fretn wrote:

what gametype ?

g_gametype is set to "0".

Forget what I said about *_pass, I tried it on a different server other than mine, and it only showed the admin passes of my server. Well, at least it's one less 'bug' on the list. smile

22 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-14 13:07:53)

I managed to collect a couple more bugs:
- [Major] Civilians cannot be hurt or killed, surely, when they are killed the mission fails? Yet they cannot even be killed or hurt.
- [Medium] Some bugs with the UI still. For example, when on a server, and click on "Join Server", and you press Esc to go back to game, you are disconnected and taken to the main menu.
- [Major] More and Many enemies options do not work well when fighting Heinrich I, the new enemies that spawn start attacking Heinrich I instead of you.

TitaN655 wrote:

- [Major] Civilians cannot be hurt or killed, surely, when they are killed the mission fails? Yet they cannot even be killed or hurt.

This was on purpose. This is to prevent jackasses from spoiling the game for others.

cybdmn wrote:
fretn wrote:

what gametype ?

g_gametype is set to "0".

which is the battle gametype smile

25 (edited by TitaN655 2012-10-15 21:58:51)

fretn wrote:
TitaN655 wrote:

This was on purpose. This is to prevent jackasses from spoiling the game for others.

This definitely makes sense, good thinking! Maybe you could make it configurable for server admins who want killing of civilians. Just an idea.

PS: Just so you know, I am happy to update this topic when new bugs are found/explained. You can use it as a base for bug fixes, if you need to of course. wink